GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Car for Father

glory

Ready to race!
Looking for some guidance from anyone and everyone for a new car for my father.

Back story: Father currently owns a 2007 VW Rabbit 2.5L with 102,xxx KMs. He puts on 10-12KMs/year on it, 90% city driving. He drives through downtown and parks in not overly large underground parking lot. The car itself was a compromise when he bought it, he never really enjoyed it. He is looking for a car in which he can enjoy before he gets too old to do so.

Criteria: <$30k CDN, Low mileage (<40Kms), be fun to drive mainly in town, does not have a harsh ride, and be roughly the size of a golf/gti.

We can't really think of anything that fits the bill other than a GTI. My father drives my mother's or mine and he really enjoys it, is there any other car in which he can buy to fit the bill? We have thought of Mini's but to him the ride is to stiff, Honda Accords seem to be a bit too large (haven't driven one yet).

So I look to you, the community, to give me some guidance and food for thought to take to my father and discuss.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure how much used Golf R's are in Canada but I'm pretty sure you can get one for under $30k

So with that being said

Golf R
GTI
e90 328i
Audi a4
mercedes c300

That's all I can think of for now, but obvoiusly most of the cars listed will be used not new because of their MSRP.

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
Subaru BRZ/FRS - new
Mazda Miata - new
BMW 3 series - used
Audi A4 - used
Ford Mustang GT - lightly used
etc.

Really depends on what type of vehicle he likes/wants.

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
I'm not sure how much used Golf R's are in Canada but I'm pretty sure you can get one for under $30k

So with that being said

Golf R
GTI
e90 328i
Audi a4
mercedes c300

That's all I can think of for now, but obvoiusly most of the cars listed will be used not new because of their MSRP.

Yeah right ! Only just over 500 made for Canada(golf r) and you can barely get one for under 30 in the US

glory

Ready to race!
Golf R's are still ~40K used in Canada so no go. This car will defiately have to be used, and to add to the difficulty of this, he just dropped his budget to 20k :( . At his higher budget I was trying to get him to look at a 2011 328i. Anything worthwhile for 20k or less with low kms on it? Buying in Canada is shit, prices are way to inflated.

glory

Ready to race!
Well he found a car he can live with for now. 2011 Golf 2.5L w/ just under 15,000 Kms. Drives way better then his Rabbit.

Aamya

hey dude,.
Nice ideas shared by all but i thinks mercedes c300 is the best choice for your father,.
its most durable and decent,.