GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Milltek 3" TBE System Fitted

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
You really dont gain that much with an exhaust. Some dynos I have seen on 100hp per Liter cars you actually lose power with an intake and exhaust.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Most of the gains are from the downpipe/cat but and MK6 car over here with gained about 11kw atw going to stage2 and full RSC + Carbonio so it should still gain a bit subject to the exhaust design.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Nice review SteveP, sounds like there aren't really any negative points..

How loud is it compared to stock? Is it deeper all the way through the rev range?

Also interested to hear from anyone running this exhaust with an APR stage 2 tune.

Cheers,

Last edited:

SteveP

Ready to race!
It's not as loud as the blameflame system I had previously, but is still noticeably louder than stock.

The general note is a deeper one with more character on the DSG burp on shifting gears.

You also gets some overrun pops and burbles when down shifting.

McMerc

Steve, Do you think running catless downpipe will make it much louder? I have MK5 with milltek catless downpipe and resonated milltek catback. It is almost like stock unless you really push the car. Think of running my Mk6 with your set up with milltek catless downpipe.

Any video yet?

SteveP

Ready to race!
Sorry not that are worthwhile posting, been out three times with two different cameras and my iPhone and haven't been able to capture anything worthwhile.

I am in the process of organising something directly with Milltek, plus I am going to get a same day stock vs. new system dyno test done.

TSI FTW

Sorry not that are worthwhile posting, been out three times with two different cameras and my iPhone and haven't been able to capture anything worthwhile.

I am in the process of organising something directly with Milltek, plus I am going to get a same day stock vs. new system dyno test done.

Right on, thanks for keeping it up to date!