GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New MK 7.5 2021 GTI Owner (Cornflower Blue)

vdub761

Go Kart Newbie
That’s awesome man, congrats. Enjoy the car!

I’d recommend going all out on the stock tires, so you’re more likely to replace them quicker. They’re trash, even compared to just a good all season.

Be sure to keep some white lithium or silicone WD40 around for the inevitable squeaks. I did an Armour King Ceramic Coat - $50 and took a few hours, but looks awesome and protects against water/dust really well, along with being super shiny. Something to consider!

One more would be an OBDEleven scanner to do some basic coding things - I personally turned on locking/unlocking with remote while car is on, windows from key fob, and a few other niceties.

Overall, great choice.
Scotthilly, I also picked up Armour Shield ix will give that Ceramic coating a try in the spring, glad you were happy with the results.

scotthilly

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Scotthilly, I also picked up Armour Shield ix will give that Ceramic coating a try in the spring, glad you were happy with the results.
Awesome man! I hope it works out for you.

Be sure to deep clean your car first, and use a spray that takes off the wax and sealant. It‘s gonna take an afternoon, but I think is well worth it. Be SURE to wipe it off as the instructions say, otherwise you’ll end up with ceramic shiny spots (looks like a greasy rainbow) you won’t be able to remove. After doing it for $50, I can confidently say I would never pay an installer $1000+ to do it. Best of luck.

tdipaul

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 6MT SE PP/LP
Be careful with your right foot. Stealthy this color is not

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Awesome man! I hope it works out for you.

Be sure to deep clean your car first, and use a spray that takes off the wax and sealant. It‘s gonna take an afternoon, but I think is well worth it. Be SURE to wipe it off as the instructions say, otherwise you’ll end up with ceramic shiny spots (looks like a greasy rainbow) you won’t be able to remove. After doing it for $50, I can confidently say I would never pay an installer $1000+ to do it. Best of luck.
I'm interested in a ceramic coating for my GTI also, but not sure about whether to attempt it myself or not. I have much more experience turning wrenches than with detailing. Your instructions make sense, and I'm wondering if it would help to practice in the door jambs first? Any missteps wouldn't be as noticeable that way, but would that give enough practice to a novice detailer to tackle the exterior reasonable well?

vdub761

Go Kart Newbie
I'm interested in a ceramic coating for my GTI also, but not sure about whether to attempt it myself or not. I have much more experience turning wrenches than with detailing. Your instructions make sense, and I'm wondering if it would help to practice in the door jambs first? Any missteps wouldn't be as noticeable that way, but would that give enough practice to a novice detailer to tackle the exterior reasonable well?
Efaily You should be fine doing it your self just follow the instructions & use common sense don't over think it, having completed several ceramic coatings on my previous cars, Pro detailers Charge a lot as its all in the preparation Correcting paint, clay bar, & may use Pro line products that last a few years longer, I agree with Scotthilly Its not something I personal would pay someone else when its totally something you can do your self.

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Tempting me to try it myself too... Have to buff out the dealer installed swirl marks on the paint before ceramic coating.
Yeah you don't want to ceramic coat on and encapsulate swirls as they'll be there for a long time. Ceramic coat is not easy to get off at least not like how easy it is to remove a bad wax job with some dish soap.

scotthilly

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
It’s honestly so easy. I’m not mechanically inclined at all and it was a piece of cake. Armor King has a ton of YouTube videos to help you, too! Feel free to practice before though