GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Xbox reveal today at 12pm CST

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Didn't know who he was til I googled him, sucks to see people die at such a young age..

Halvie

WOOSA
anyone see the reddit thread with the confirmed xbox one dev? openly admitting that it is weaker than the ps4, and fucking kinect costs more than the console itself. if ki was only a multiplat :(

Last edited:

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
Its looking like Ill be picking up a ps4 this time around. I went through 6 360s, so between that + the price difference + all the negative xbox hype, its PS4 for me.

JhnR

Banned
no but it could be false rumors ?

Halvie

WOOSA
no but it could be false rumors ?

apparently he is a confirmed developer. if true, I wouldn't think they would be rumors. man.... kinect costs more than the console...can't wrap my head around that. "Yes, lets put the emphasis on something 70% of our customers couldn't give a fuck about." awesome.

bright side, new KI footage from evo looks awesome.

JhnR

Banned
Where is that link i'd like to read it? What does it say besides Kinect? Why would it be weaker?

Halvie

WOOSA
Where is that link i'd like to read it? What does it say besides Kinect? Why would it be weaker?

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1i71s5/i_am_an_xbox_one_dev_ask_me_almost_anything/

*edit: was a rumor that they upped the gpu clock speed and another that they upped it to 12gb ddr3*
"Can't comment on the rumor.
The facts are on paper, the PS4 has better specs and the most you can debate is by how much. What I can tell you is I have played Forza, Killer instinct, and Ryse on the Xbox One. They look as good as the games I play on a high end PC. Ryse reminded me of darksiders II."

"The majority of the masses care only about the console, except that the success of the Kinect carries much more weight to us. The sensor costs almost as much as the console to make."(lol wow...)

"As I mentioned earlier, I don't know what price point the Xbox One would be at without the Kinect, but it would be much less than 399."

Q: Just one question, How loud is the console?
A: Almost inaudible. I run three at a time and they are drowned out by the fans in the desktops.

SOOOO GOOOD

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/13/killer-instinct-glacius-vs-jago-720p-60fps-direct-feed-gameplay

Last edited:

MooreHeat

Ready to race!
apparently he is a confirmed developer. if true, I wouldn't think they would be rumors. man.... kinect costs more than the console...can't wrap my head around that. "Yes, lets put the emphasis on something 70% of our customers couldn't give a fuck about." awesome.

bright side, new KI footage from evo looks awesome.

I think a lot people will car about what the kinect 2.0 can do... And since 100% of people with an X1 will have it... It provides a huge base for devs to satisfy.

GS3 via tappy tap

Halvie

WOOSA
Looking like the ps4 os overhead got raised from 1gb to 3.5gb. Their advantage seems to be slipping a bit. Would be nice if MS could lower theirs before launch(wishful thinking i am sure).

Balt21

Ready to race!
I'm reviving this thread so I don't derail the Forza 4 thread, which is where this quote is from.

The problem with Microsoft (and Apple) is they are more interested in becoming a core product than giving users what they want. Apple had a near monopoly on the smartphone market, and now that someone came out with an alternative (which has cheaper options) they're throwing a bitch fit. Microsoft has a near monopoly on the PC OS market, but that isn't good enough. They want to put their products at the center of every home's entertainment. The Xbox One was originally intended to be more of a media center than a game console. They figured why not put the two together. Why do you think they made the deal with Verizon?

The PS4 is attractive to me because it's the cheaper option (and plays the most media types), however the controller is too small for me and I've never liked playing on Playstation.

I do want an Xbox One...I just think that for as much as they want for it, they could have packed some more power into it. The GPU is the rough equivalent of a Radeon HD 7790...which is now considered a mid-low-end card.
What types of media are you trying to play? I'm just curious because I don't really use my console for anything more than games or the occasional movie from Xbox Video. They're definitely trying to make it the entertainment center of your house, no doubt. Isn't that what you're trying to do though? Your media types just aren't working with it?

I like that they're trying to tie in other entertainment. The cable box input is cool; however, all it really does is make it so you don't have to switch the input on your TV. For me, it will probably makes things easier (if I understand how it is going to work correctly) because currently I'm out of inputs on the back of my TV. If I can have the cable box go into the Xbox and the Xbox into the TV, that would free up one input. What would be awesome, IMO, is if you have the Xbox One, could get rid of your cable box, and just use the Xbox as a cable box. Then maybe they could let you use it as a DVR as well. I know Time Warner just got an app on the 360, but I don't have them, nor do I have Verizon or whatever other TV apps currently exist; therefore, I don't know how well it really works.

Anyways, here is a leak of the dashboard on the Xbox One:
http://www.gamesradar.com/first-video-look-xbox-ones-tiled-multitasking-beta-dashboard/