GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

nexus 7

Soflogtimk6

Go Kart Champion
I know a lot of you guys have iPads out there. I just got a sixteen gigabyte Google nexus 7 for 200 bucks. (Craig's list) let me tell you this thing is legit and the Google now feature in android jelly bean is amazing. If there's any techies out there let me know if you have one or what you think.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
While I am an Apple person, I've heard nothing but great things about the Nexus 7.

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
I wish I got the 7 instead of my galaxy tab 2 10in. Its too big and isnt as quick as Id like. Plus I dont even have a PC to root it with.

Soflogtimk6

Go Kart Champion
I believe my nexus 7 is a quad core processor. Its extremely fast.plus Google added project butter to jelly bean and everything is so smooth and fluent on this tablet. I think the screen is a good size too. My girlfriend has the iPad so I can play with that too.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I have a galaxy tab 7 and the size is overall very good. It's great for about 80% of jobs. It's the perfect size for using it as a navigation system. It's also great for most media tasks. Some instances it would be great to have a larger screen though. For things such as reading books.

chc29

Ready to race!
main reason I haven't gotten an android tablet is because of the ipad's retina display. That said, I haven't bought an ipad either. :/

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
I love my Nexus 7. Aside from no SD slot it is a beast of a tablet. Jelly Bean is super smooth too. Once some devs get tablet mode UI working properly (stupid Google) everything will be perfect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Soflogtimk6

Go Kart Champion
I have a connector so I can hook up USB drives to it. Not as nice as an SD slot but still nice if you want it.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
When all of you guys got tablets, did you get a sort of "how did I live without this?" feeling? I think a lot of them are very sexy and cool as toys, but I really can't see dropping money on them. What all do you do with them besides facebook/forum stuff while watching tv or other things like that? I guess it's just sort of shocked me how much they've taken off when I see them as a total indulgence/unnecesary item. Would my life be better/easier if I got one to replace/supplement my laptop?

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
When all of you guys got tablets, did you get a sort of "how did I live without this?" feeling? I think a lot of them are very sexy and cool as toys, but I really can't see dropping money on them. What all do you do with them besides facebook/forum stuff while watching tv or other things like that? I guess it's just sort of shocked me how much they've taken off when I see them as a total indulgence/unnecesary item. Would my life be better/easier if I got one to replace/supplement my laptop?

Aside from the usual things I get a lot of use from my tablet as a quick remote desktop into my parent's and girlfriend's computers. I wouldn't say it is a how did I ever live without it kind of thing though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I see no use for it besides mounting in the car, that's why I've been waiting to get one... at home I use a laptop and anywhere else I use the phone. A tablet won't fit in my pocket so it will only get used in the car.

melancholygypsy

Bring out the Gimp

I agree with you, I have no use for a tablet. All they are are big phones, they are for people who just like to surf the internet, play crappy touch screen games and have no idea what the term 3rd party content means.

That being said my girlfriend is like this and basically wanted something bigger to pintrest and etc. on while not having to sit at the desktop or using my heavy gaming laptop so I got her the ASUS Transformer TF300 for our 2 year anniversary last week. I will say it is a great piece of hardware for what she wants to do with it and for 349.00 for the 16gb with micro sd card slot to expand storage at some point (don't really know why you would need to but whatever) she is super happy and thats all that matters right? :w00t:

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion

Don't have one yet, waiting for a MS surface or similar since a mobile OS is useless for me with what I want it for. (I'm also one of like 6 people with a windows phone so shits gotta match!)

For me it will be replacing my personal laptop, its time to be retired but I have several other computers at home as well as two work laptops usually on me so I don't really need a full fledge laptop just something between my phone and going to a real computer. In that regard its not so much an indulgence it is actually a more affordable way to replace an outdated "necessity" with something that will be more useful. Obviously others needs/wants may vary.

A few times I have almost bought an android tablet, but won't do a few things I want so haven't yet, if the surface isn't what I want it to be I'll probably end up with something like a nexus 7.