GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NMS is...2012 Passat (US)

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
So maybe the Passat is going be built as cheaply as the Jetta.

GT5050

Passed Driver's Ed
Hope not, I don't think in this segment they could compete with low-rent interiors...

While it looks understated, it's got a simple, clean design to it. I'll reserve judgment until I see it in person.

Similar to the Euro model, but clearly a different car (almost 4 inch longer wheelbase than the new euro Passat). Interesting that in the press release it states that the DSG will be optional in the TDI. Hope that means a manual TDI is going to be available, but I doubt it.

TDI110

O_o
I've seen many new passats driving around locally and in Lux. I've sat in one at the dealership and had a chance to see it up close. And from those pics it's not the Passat... and least the EU model.

GT5050

Passed Driver's Ed
I've seen many new passats driving around locally and in Lux. I've sat in one at the dealership and had a chance to see it up close. And from those pics it's not the Passat... and least the EU model.

Yeah apparently "cost cutting" means making an entirely separate vehicle for different markets, while other companies like Ford are going to more global platforms. But that is the new Passat for the US.

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
Jetta XL. :thumbdown: Interior looks decent at least in leather. This is not going to get them to the sales figures they are looking to get to. Maybe I am wrong.

No 2.0 TSI?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Jetta XL. :thumbdown: Interior looks decent at least in leather. This is not going to get them to the sales figures they are looking to get to. Maybe I am wrong.

No 2.0 TSI?

It might sell well. Americans love big bland sedans which is why they eat up Accords and Camry's. VW has to water it down to get the price points needed to compete.

ReddMK6

Ready to race!

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
so... boring... must... look... at gti

tzd

Ready to race!

The Euro model is facelifted from the last Passat, but this US model is totally new.

Like the new Jetta, it's a butter face...

I feel that the front end looks so nice on the Scirocco and Golf when it is sleek and sharp, but it doesn't look very good when they fatten it up for the Jetta & Passat.

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
so... boring... must... look... at gti

Its an Accord/Camry. Precisely what it is supposed to be...the average family car. It is not a GTI...but then again, they already build the GTI....:D

I'm proud. Biased, but proud. Saw the pics early yesterday and I get to sit in one / touch one Wednesday (weather permitting) at the Governor's luncheon. I'm stoked. :happyanim: Will report back to the forum with my findings.

sirdudeth

Ready to race!
I feel that the front end looks so nice on the Scirocco and Golf when it is sleek and sharp, but it doesn't look very good when they fatten it up for the Jetta & Passat.

I agree with you on that. It just doesn't work on the sedans.

The MK6 Jetta, and now the B7 Passat, both remind me of the B5 Passats. And honestly, those weren't exactly pretty.