Drives perfect but no performance no boost etc

But no faults and car running fine

Can you suggest what I might need to do to get the performance back

Regards Paul

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Did you feel the power decrease after the battery was changed?

If so, the battery may have been disconnected long enough to now require Basic Settings - Adaptation for any number of systems; the throttle-body being one of those. But perhaps not.

What have you for viewing live data and diagnosing? If nothing, then it will be difficult for you to do so. There are some things you can visually check...and then more you could even replace while keeping your fingers crossed. But then you are guessing, and you may find yourself replacing any number of parts for nothing.

After 'basic settings - adaptations' are performed...and if it continues to run a bit weak: my first suspicion would be it developed a 'boost/air inlet' leak. Boost data could be viewed so to compare the actual boost produced to its target/specified boost. If you cannot view live boost data, then you could remove its DV and inspect for damage to the DV's piston, diaphragm, and seal. You could also test if the PCV's one-way valve seals when boost is present. And then inspect all the connections along the air inlet; turbo to inlet manifold. Another issue may be something as just a failed MAF is now reporting an inaccurate amount of mass air. Could be a fuel pressure report issue, from its two fuel pressure sensors; the G410 and the G247. And more.