GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No wonder why Porsche can buy up VW/Audi and anyone else they choose!

Raddicted

Perfectly insane

sinistro

Ready to race!
Now that's overpriced...

wilytech

Ready to race!
28k is the AVERAGE heh.

MrBooby

Chelsea FC!
Yeah but you cannot compare that to companies like BMW and VW who sell a lot more cars. Porsche gets their profit through high price and cheaper companies get it through numbers. It's the same everywhere. Now if they compared Porsche to companies like Ferrari and Lamborghini I'm sure that Porsche would've not looked that bad.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Yeah but you cannot compare that to companies like BMW and VW who sell a lot more cars. Porsche gets their profit through high price and cheaper companies get it through numbers. It's the same everywhere. Now if they compared Porsche to companies like Ferrari and Lamborghini I'm sure that Porsche would've not looked that bad.

x 2. very true.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
it might also be all those v6 cayenne's running around.

it's the same as the touraeg just with the porsche badge. my neighbor bought one and said it was always a dream of his to own a porsche. i laughed at him.

-wiretap-

hax0r
omg liek theyr'rere making moRe than teh evil oil comapniey profit margins?!! TAX THEM TO DEATH!?!? WINDFALL PROFITS TAX!!!

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
An article came out last year that said their average profit per vehicle was $14K and Porsche said THAT number was false and inflated so I'm not sure how accurate this $28K figure is. I call shenanigans.

Last edited:

Barnaby

Ready to race!
Porsche’s overall earnings for 2006 were $2.7 billion. Overall sales totaled 96,794 vehicles.
I suppose you'd have to see a breakdown of the overall earnings to get a more accurate figure, but based on these numbers $28K per car looks right.

MrBooby

Chelsea FC!
They only have like 5 cars worth buying. Turbo, GT2, GT3, CGT, and GT3 RS. Everything else is almost like saying... I wanted a Porsche but I couldn't quiet afford the better models. Cayman(ugly), Boxster(ugly), Cayenne(ugly), and the basic Carrera(not exactly there)

Raddicted

Perfectly insane

Yes you can. They are specifically comparing PPU and nothing else. Every company that sells a product has a PPU never mind if you sell 100 units per year or 1 million units per year. They are not talking about total revenue, profit or sales.

They only have like 5 cars worth buying. Turbo, GT2, GT3, CGT, and GT3 RS. Everything else is almost like saying... I wanted a Porsche but I couldn't quiet afford the better models. Cayman(ugly), Boxster(ugly), Cayenne(ugly), and the basic Carrera(not exactly there)

You are a first class idiot.