GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

noob. old car pix. new car groupiness.

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Hi, I'm your newest noob.

I haven't owned a dub before, but did have a B5 A4. That thing was the shit.

I traded it in for a Scion tC (hold your fire, it was gonna blow up, and I couldn't afford to fix it). The Scion was unexpectedly sold earlier this week - got a great offer on it, so I took the plunge.

Pic:

I try to keep it unique. I do vinyl as a home-based side biz, but I'm adding shirt-printing for the winter months. The tails are a vinyl overlay.

Anyway, I haven't gone out for a test-drive yet, but so far, the MKV GTI looks like my best bet on paper. DSG sent me over the top - a WRX was the previous first contender.

The new hatch are kinda icky though.

So, here I am. :) Be gentle, it's my first time. No puking emoticons allowed, the tC had character. :)

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
If the tC had more power i would have bought one. Whats the badge though?

oh yea and :thumbdown: on the tien sticker

brownbearGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
the wrx and the gti are totally different cars
if you enjoy driving hard, take a good look at the wrx, it's drives really well. the FWD on the GTI creates wheel hop, torque steer, etc. so make sure it is what you want it to be.

BoostedThrills

showshinedetail.com
how come the rear badge says TURD?

lol, JK

tough decision between the GTI and WRX. start to make a list of pros and cons to each, then a list of what you want to get out of each car and compare it and see what you get.

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
If the tC had more power i would have bought one. Whats the badge though?

oh yea and :thumbdown: on the tien sticker

Yeah, it's a pretty car - Just slow as balls. I bolted damn near everything under the sun to that motor. Intakes, header, s-pipe, exhaust, the works.

I didn't wanna spill three grand on the supercharger, and opportunity knocked to get rid of the car. I financed 15k for it, drove it for 25,500 miles, and got an offer for $15.5 - Couldn't turn it down at all.

The Tein sticker. It came with my springs - as noted, I make vinyl on the side. Some of my favorite customers: SundownAudio.com, FiCarAudio.com, DigitalDesigns.com, .. mostly mobile electronics manufacturers.

I had just been outbid on a sticker order by a Chinese company, so I was quite curious to find out what sort of materials my customer was getting.

Stuck the tein sticker on. I promise, it wasn't there long, and it wasn't there for style.

For the record,

Shitty materials. The green part of the sticker slid down the window on a hot day, and the edges of the Tein logo let go when I blasted it with the powerwasher.

He's my customer again, and the car is naked. Except for lots of snow.

Thanks for the greet :)

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Turd :p Nice. Least it isn't tard.

driving hard

Ya know, I'd like to say that I enjoy driving hard, but I really have no basis for that. I haven't autocrossed, and I try to keep any street-stupidity in my pocket.

I do, however, enjoy hooking the occasional entrance ramp. :)

different cars, pros and cons

My old a4 wasn't a quattro and I can't recall having driven any AWD. The concept is nice, but for me, I think not a requirement.

Pros and cons have been on my mind, for sure. A big pro for the dub is German goodness. Another, the community and support. Character. Loved the Audi. A bigger pro is DSG.

For the Subie, a pro is the boxer motor, and AWD. The crowd isn't so great, and I suspect people would bother me on the road, trying to find out what it can do. I've been lurking for a week or so, and it looks like you guys have a little trouble with that too. That's the way it goes, I guess.

Hondas are attracted to the valve sound. :)

Turd :p Nice. Least it isn't tard.

Ya know, I'd like to say that I enjoy driving hard, but I really have no basis for that. I haven't autocrossed, and I try to keep any street-stupidity in my pocket.

I do, however, enjoy hooking the occasional entrance ramp. :)

My old a4 wasn't a quattro and I can't recall having driven any AWD. The concept is nice, but for me, I think not a requirement.

Pros and cons have been on my mind, for sure. A big pro for the dub is German goodness. Another, the community and support. Character. Loved the Audi. A bigger pro is DSG.

For the Subie, a pro is the boxer motor, and AWD. The crowd isn't so great, and I suspect people would bother me on the road, trying to find out what it can do. I've been lurking for a week or so, and it looks like you guys have a little trouble with that too. That's the way it goes, I guess.

Hondas are attracted to the valve sound. :)

i almost bought a wrx or an sti but my fastest way to say it is
VW gives you character and an all around package
subaru just gives you a screamer

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
I heard the Scion crowd is really diverse. Is it any good?

:thumbsup:
True, it is a diverse brand. I enjoyed it - there are quite a few knowledgeable folk driving tC. Some mechanical, some artistic, many creatives.

:thumbdown:
And, the punk kids - every brand gets them, but I think a lot of spoiled kids get new tC. It's the 'youngest brand' as far as ownership, and the marketing seems to work.

Fortunately, the insurance hasn't gone up. :)

DarkstaR

dope freshhhhhhhhhhh
I think a lot of spoiled kids get new tC. It's the 'youngest brand' as far as ownership, and the marketing seems to work.

Fortunately, the insurance hasn't gone up. :)

I second that

everytime I go to my old high school to pick up my cousin (who is a junior) I see a lot of kids by their car posting up by their tC like they own the streets :laugh:

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
the tc is basically the celica replacement. the car isnt hideous but definately wouldnt be on my list to purchase

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
I hate that connotation. Hell with a Celica.

The car was just picked up, half an hour ago. Kinda sad to see it go.

I don't think you can get a better looking brand new car for the money. And it's well appointed for the price! I would recommend it to a new car buyer in the 16-18k range without hesitation. I might add that the resale value was nice! I financed $15k, drove it for 25k, and just sold it for $15.5. No argument here! :)

Anyway, that chapter's closed. Now off to MAG (http://www.magcars.com) to check out their Fahrenheit #260-something.

(Its worth a click - they also carry Porsche, Ferarri, Maserati, Lotus, Rolls, Bentley.)