GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OAD software update stalled?

Idiotwind

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,
For the last 4 days my golf has been stuck trying to install a large OAD (not sure if this is 1941 or something else.
Progress bar hasn’t moved from about 5% despite driving several hours like this.
I have tried resetting console and changing to Wi-Fi via phone hot spot.

It seems completely stuck, is there any way to restart this process?

Attachments

• IMG_1951.jpeg
    IMG_1951.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 104

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
This is just a small ota update that fixes a few problems like the registration process, etc.
There is no OTA for 1941 at this moment, only possible at VW workshop.
Ota updates are downloaded through VW own network (WeConnect) so changing the setting to wifi via phone hotspot would not change the Ota download network source.
About the update being stuck .. i know it has happened to some and it sorted itself after a few days. But if not try contacting the weconnect team.

Last edited:
Reactions: tos

tos

Go Kart Champion
At first time it will not finish in 10 minutes, second time it will not start at all... then it disappears.

Now it took only 1 minute today.
But, I had to take off the fuse 19 for start update searching again... after that it works.

Idiotwind

Passed Driver's Ed
At first time it will not finish in 10 minutes, second time it will not start at all... then it disappears.

Now it took only 1 minute today.
But, I had to take off the fuse 19 for start update searching again... after that it works.
Just remove and replace fuse 19?

tos

Go Kart Champion
NOTE: Removing fuse 19 will reset also trip computer and consumptions... (Maybe some fault codes about lost connection of cluster panel and online control unit, and some more).
Remove it and watch to roof light and wait until SOS unit green light going off. Then you can replace the fuse.

Then I locked car, and wait 24mins (keys away from car) for let gateway going to sleep.

After 24+ mins, start the car, then it will ask main user, click your name and wait for settings complete.

Drive some time and it shows update again.

Idiotwind

Passed Driver's Ed
NOTE: Removing fuse 19 will reset also trip computer and consumptions... (Maybe some fault codes about lost connection of cluster panel and online control unit, and some more).
Remove it and watch to roof light and wait until SOS unit green light going off. Then you can replace the fuse.

Then I locked car, and wait 24mins (keys away from car) for let gateway going to sleep.

After 24+ mins, start the car, then it will ask main user, click your name and wait for settings complete.

Drive some time and it shows update again.

Thankyou, I tried this. Seemed to be working. Logged in and myself again but after a few minutes stalled update reappeared as before. Very frustrating!

Reactions: tos