GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off Topic Random Chat v5.8 - Memes and Gifs Welcomed

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Im not a fan of beers that are heavily "hoppy" generally .

That's what all beers I have tried have and I hate the "hoppy" taste.

Are any of you Dogfish Head fans? They started out as a small brewery here in DE and I think got bought out.

I rarely drink and If I do I might have a hard root beer (Not Your Fathers Root Beer) or amaretto and Coke.

torga

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I like Dogfish Head. Their 90 Minute IPA is quite good, albeit pretty hoppy. Did they get bought out? They used to refuse to sell to NM because we have a backwards alcohol distribution setup, so I'd just drink DH whenever I'd be in CA, CO, or TX. But less than a year ago, I started finding DH pretty much anywhere in NM. A buyout and/or new management would explain the sudden influx of DH in NM.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Best IPA for me, hands down, is Russian River's Pliny the Elder. Smoothest, most flavorful example of an IPA I've had. I pretty much agree with your statement a lot of brewery's have hopped on the IPA train, lost sight of what makes a good one, and instead have restored to masking mediocre beers with a ton of hops. But when an IPA is good, it's really good. I generally love dark beers best; stouts, porters, nutty browns, and dark red ales.

I haven't been able to find any Pliny here but I hear about them a lot.

torga

Autocross Champion
I haven't been able to find any Pliny here but I hear about them a lot.
They're out of NorCal and I've only had it in Los Angeles, Portland and Seattle. I wonder how far east they distribute their beer?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, I like Dogfish Head. Their 90 Minute IPA is quite good, albeit pretty hoppy. Did they get bought out? They used to refuse to sell to NM because we have a backwards alcohol distribution setup, so I'd just drink DH whenever I'd be in CA, CO, or TX. But less than a year ago, I started finding DH pretty much anywhere in NM. A buyout and/or new management would explain the sudden influx of DH in NM.
Cant say ive had dogfish , ive had some of the Ballast Point brews...the grapefruit one seems to be popular with most
Try North Coast's Old Rasputin. That'll put hair on your chest and make you think Guinness is water.

My favorite German styles are pilsner (actually Czech), Dortmunder... pretty much any of them that taste really bready and biscuity.
Oh wow That Rasputin

Ill give the Dortmunder style a try (y)
Stuff like Old Rasputin is my jam. I'll take a 8-12% stout over any ipa. I think it's annoying how popular IPAs are when there's so much better beer out there. The best IPA I've ever drank is Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Hazy but it's almost more of a wheat beer and wheat beer/hefeweizen are my other favorites.

Usually my beer runs consist of like 4-5 6 packs of stouts and a couple 6 packs of wheat beers.

Guinness is also most definitely water. Flat nasty water.
Wow 2-0 on agreement that Guinness is water , wow

Yep Hefeweizen are goood. The IPA thing just doesnt do it for me.

Try the
ROCHEFORT 8 TRAPPIST ALE

Its 9.2%, if you want stronger you can go with the number 10.
Its Belgian , brewed by monks at a monastery.... sales from the beer go to the cost of living and day to day expenses, anything over that goes to charity.

about $7-8 for one 12 ounce bottle.

That's what all beers I have tried have and I hate the "hoppy" taste.

Are any of you Dogfish Head fans? They started out as a small brewery here in DE and I think got bought out.

I rarely drink and If I do I might have a hard root beer (Not Your Fathers Root Beer) or amaretto and Coke.

Yeah, hops just taste ashtray like
Colorado has some good beers ive heard

Also for a good cheap beer, yuengling is pretty good.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Sam Adams bought them for 300M. Got to sell to the masses to make that money.

I don't feel like I am missing out on not liking beer so I stopped trying them. Yuengling was the only one that was tolerable so props to them lol.

torga

Autocross Champion
I like Yuengling when I'm on the east coast. Yuengling on draft hits different than the cans, for sure. I don't know how far west you can get it, but you definitely can't buy it in TX or NM. I had a buddy from NH here and a friend of his visited one time and brought him a dirty 30 of Yuengling as a care package present. We probably had New Mexico's entire stock of Yuengling at that moment in time lol

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Anybody drink that Pilsner Urquell? I also had Zagorka when I went to Bulgaria, think it's basically heineken lol. I'm not picky I used to drink Miller Lites like Wade Boggs. I don't mind a XX, Modelo, Shiner, Corona etc.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
I honestly think IPA's taste like dish-soap. I've tried to like 'em. I don't.

Give me a Guinness (in a glass), or Tecate (in a can) with a slice of lime. Icy cold.

Better yet - how 'bout a super dee-luxe Martini. Gin and enough vermouth to taste. Home pickled green beans and peppers... and Yes - that's bacon on the left.

Is it the weekend yet?

torga

Autocross Champion
Anybody drink that Pilsner Urquell? I also had Zagorka when I went to Bulgaria, think it's basically heineken lol. I'm not picky I used to drink Miller Lites like Wade Boggs. I don't mind a XX, Modelo, Shiner, Corona etc.
I've had Pilsner Urquell before and it tasted fine - decent pilsner by any standard. Then I had it unpasteurized when I was in Prague this summer and WOW, it was a completely different beer. So many wonderful flavors, it was so full and bready. Man, that's one of my favorite beers now. Pasteurization kills good beer.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

I've had Pilsner Urquell before and it tasted fine - decent pilsner by any standard. Then I had it unpasteurized when I was in Prague this summer and WOW, it was a completely different beer. So many wonderful flavors, it was so full and bready. Man, that's one of my favorite beers now. Pasteurization kills good beer.

Unpasteurized wow

I honestly think IPA's taste like dish-soap. I've tried to like 'em. I don't.

Give me a Guinness (in a glass), or Tecate (in a can) with a slice of lime. Icy cold.

Better yet - how 'bout a super dee-luxe Martini. Gin and enough vermouth to taste. Home pickled green beans and peppers... and Yes - that's bacon on the left.

Is it the weekend yet?
dang that stocked up fridge wow 10/10

gotta have lime with mexican beer imo

GolNat

Autocross Champion
It’s alive again!!!!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
WTF is going on!!