GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off-Topic Thread #4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
same thing with me and my taxes, oh well.

balls.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Back from vacation in SC. Miss anything good? Also fuck the state of Virgina

What's wrong with Virginia? Well besides the obvious.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Balls is what's wrong with Virginia

Kansas

Ready to race!
Kansas can be pretty at times. Love the I-70 drive today.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364157076997.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364157076997.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 145
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364157083835.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364157083835.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 152
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364157092984.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364157092984.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 159

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

Buferd

Ready to race!
Oh why oh why do I think of this forum when this song played?:laugh:

on a side note I ordered Grit Guards last night and Chemical Guys Extreme Top Coat Wax and Sealant. I also got the Gilmour Foamaster II. Gonna try my Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax that I already have. It suds pretty good and leaves a very nice shine when done. I think I am going to purchase an electric leaf blower later as well to help dry the car off. What I am undecided on is if I keep hand applying wax / polish or get a small electric polisher..

Buferd

Ready to race!
Buffer = Nasty swirl marks if you don't know what you're doing.

So just stick with by hand? I actually was looking at a small Turtle Wax 4-6in orbital that is low RPM, basically would just make it a little easier applying by hand. I don't want a huge high speed polisher.... right now that is.

EDIT: found the company that makes the polisher. It's the 6" model.

http://www.carrand.com/autospa.htm

EDIT # 2:

There is also this new fangled thing from Meguiars...

http://www.meguiars.com/en/dapowersystem/

Last edited:

Kansas

Ready to race!
I'd just advise to learn up a bit (video tutorials, expert advice) before your first go at it. Buffers are great if used properly. Compared to waxing my truck the GTI is a cake walk as far as total surface area goes so I don't mind just hand waxing. To each their own though. :thumbup:

Buferd

Ready to race!
I'd just advise to learn up a bit (video tutorials, expert advice) before your first go at it. Buffers are great if used properly. Compared to waxing my truck the GTI is a cake walk as far as total surface area goes so I don't mind just hand waxing. To each their own though. :thumbup:

Yeah I have always done it by hand and I guess it would just be nice to apply wax faster.. The buffer is low cost and I have been watching several videos on how to hold them and overlap properly, not apply lots of pressure. That DA system seems nice but I have a cordless drill..

I guess I could try that Turtle Wax polisher and see if it works any good for what I am wanting to do and if not then I could just return it...

I would like to polish once in a while to remove any swirls but on the other hand my buddy just bought a butt load of gear from Chemical Guys and a nice Porter Cable DA .... HAHA, Hey budddddyyyyyyyyy. I just hate bother others for gear or to use it..

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com

I still wax by hand as well. It's more for the nostalgia and the bonding experience.

I love my Meguiars V2 polisher. I read up on it and watched a metric ton of tutorials. I feel like a pro with it lol.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
I haven't posted on golfmkv in 6 years

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Yessir.
My brother was in a few punk bands, so I'm aware of more than you think lol

Best show I've ever been to was a punk show (lower class brats).

So do you know Atari Teenage Riot then?

Buferd

Ready to race!
I still wax by hand as well. It's more for the nostalgia and the bonding experience.

I love my Meguiars V2 polisher. I read up on it and watched a metric ton of tutorials. I feel like a pro with it lol.

I'm tempted to just try that Meguiar's system. A little bit more than the cheap Turtle Wax polisher and it accepts pads and is DA. I can always get a corded drill for cheap if I need it but I think I could try that and if it doesn't work well then sell it on eBay and get a nice Porter Cable...

EDIT: I don't mind waxing by hand but polishing.... that sucks. I hand wash my cars too so I still have that time of spending with the car..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.