#2 Pittsburgh Penguins host the #7 Ottawa Senators
#3 Washington Capitals host the #6 Philadelphia Flyers
#4 New Jersey Devils host the #5 New York Rangers
Western Conference Quarterfinal Matchups
#1 Detroit Red Wings host the #8 Nashville Predators
#2 San Jose Sharks host the #7 Calgary Flames
#3 Minnesota Wild host the #6 Colorado Avalanche
#4 Anaheim Ducks host the #5 Dallas Stars

These matchups are going to be great games to watch especially the defending Stanley Cup Champs the Anaheim Ducks because they are paired with their division rival the Dallas Stars. But all eyes are focused on one player Alexander Ovechkin the leagues leader in goals and points and soon to be 2008 MVP. Ovechkin's Washington Capitals are the hottest team in the NHL right now winning 11 of their last 12 games to knock Carolina out of the playoffs and the division championship. I will definitely be rooting for the Cap's because they are my favorite east coast team, but Its going to be hard to beat the Penguin's and Sidney Crosby. I am hoping for a matchup between the Caps and Penguins with the two best players in the NHL. The west coast is stacked with teams hungry for the Stanley Cup obviously Detroit is the favorite to win the western conference but the Sharks are close behind Detroit in points and the way they have been playing down the stretch I would have to give the conference to the sharks as long as they can continue playing the level of hockey they are currently playing.
The playoffs are televised on CBC in Canada and Versus, TSN, and NBC in the states
let the discussion begin :biggrin:

blackgti06

"My Fast"
Rangers over the Devils 4-2

Hkysk8r07

Banned
just because you guys won 7 straight against us until last night, keep wishing

Devils in 7:fighting0030:

:lol: :lol:

even in that new Jailhouse you guys call an arena it will still be on lockdown with Ranger fans.

and that last game ended in a shootout. which 3 years ago didnt even exist so technically you still havent defeated us this season. go cry to martha after your ass gets hit with a broom as your team is chased from MSG after game 4.

oh Ryan nice to see you've had plenty of time to work on this since your team was done b4 the allstar break:biggrin:

time to go back to my old Avatar but this time throw a twist on it

Hkysk8r07

Banned
Lets see the ducks goin!

i hope ducks make it so i can go to arrowhead pond and play duck hunt with the blueshirts:biggrin:

jiggy is cool though. i was watching him back in the day coming up with the hartford whalers program before he was in the NHL. still got his autograph

LBKEN41

Too close for missiles...
Ducks look good. Too bad we couldn't keep Kariya for last years cup or acquired him this year to make a run. Oh well.

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
oh yea I've had plenty of time considering the KING's were out since December but Tampa Bay screwed us out of last place.
I'm going to say it right now The Ducks are not going far in the playoffs
draft lottery is today lest hope the king's get the 1st pick :biggrin:

LBKEN41

Too close for missiles...
Yeah Kings were good in the early 90's and haven't done much since. Gretzky couldn't even get you guys a cup.

Yeah well I like the Ducks, at least we changed our logo finally. Ryan, you're a Dodgers fan too aren't you?

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
Yeah Kings were good in the early 90's and haven't done much since. Gretzky couldn't even get you guys a cup.

Yeah well I like the Ducks, at least we changed our logo finally. Ryan, you're a Dodgers fan too aren't you?

I love the dodgers but haven't followed in a few years I know they are doing really well but its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to tell, plus I couldn't tell you anyones names on the team!?!?! is Kent still playing?