GOLFMKV

Official Northern Illinois Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

twitch9mm

Driver
Car(s)
2008 GTI
hey Eric my bad on not showing the other night, got held up with some business. I'll be showing up for CVO for sure n we look foward to meeting the new guy(MR07GTI) as well.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
hey Eric my bad on not showing the other night, got held up with some business. I'll be showing up for CVO for sure n we look foward to meeting the new guy(MR07GTI) as well.

im headed back town south to carbondale today. probably wont be back up north until the summer, maybe for spring break

Car(s)
Acura RSX-S
I was going to say, a stock GTI is quicker than a new Si. They fail hard IMO. Even my buddies turbo Si pulled me as hard as a tuned EVO, which isn't that impressive considering the money dumped into it. The last RSX Type-S's were more powerful and tuneable because they don't have electronic throttle. Although I pulled on one of those too.

the civic si is actually supposed to respond to mods better than the rsx but when i had bolt ons i raced other si;s with the same mods and pulled every time. i wanna say numbers dont lie because they do get better numbers mod for mod but something doesnt add up.

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
the civic si is actually supposed to respond to mods better than the rsx but when i had bolt ons i raced other si;s with the same mods and pulled every time. i wanna say numbers dont lie because they do get better numbers mod for mod but something doesnt add up.

peak #'s might be better, but every graph i've seen is extremely peaky for the SI's. maybe RSX-S has better curve. btw, have you dynoed/tracked since you finished up that turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.