GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

oh ECS.....

adam1991

Banned
Jalopnik first heard about “Why I Hate ECS Tuning” when readers directed us to a July 1 post by Daniel Curtis, former director of operations at Turner Motorsport.

Shared across a number of car forums, the post that sent “Why I Hate ECS Tuning” membership sky high is a scathing criticism of ECS’s purchase of Turner Motorsport from someone who worked at the latter company for nine years, and who claims that ECS promised Turner “amazing synergies and upsides” before dismantling it.

Ah, so this started from a guy with an axe to grind.

Who now works for a competitor.

Gee. Imagine that.

Curtis’ post goes on to call the treatment of ECS employees “inhumane,” saying there were cameras at every desk monitoring everything they did.

I consulted with a print manufacturing business out of Texas, who also had a small, remote, non-Texas facility. At that small facility, they had cameras watching the operation.

Let's not be surprised when a business owner does this. Other business owners walk around and pay attention to what you're doing. You may not like it, but some jobs are like that. Quit and move on.

Or not; for the people who hate to read and therefore won't:

Winegardner admits that previous management styles have been “authoritarian,” but their policies are gone, along with the locks inside the office and the cameras, too.

The couple of things I ordered, came in a timely fashion. One thing was as described, but their description was inaccurate. It was a light bulb. They credited me for it right away, in a friendly manner.

ECS even managed to piss off its most loyal local customers, no longer allowing them to pick up items at the company’s warehouse, instead requiring parts to be shipped.

yeah, that would piss me off. But again, for those who don't read the whole thing:

Update: The story above has been updated to indicate that ECS now offers will-call pickup for local customers.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Oh dear....

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
I ordered from ECS a few times since November 2017 and have had no issues. I ordered a Maxton lip when it was not in stock. I got an email saying that it was going to be delayed and it won't ship on the initial shipping date. They gave me a second ship date and it went out on time. So far my experiences have been good and I'll buy from them again.

cb1111

Ah, so this started from a guy with an axe to grind.

Who now works for a competitor.

Gee. Imagine that.

I consulted with a print manufacturing business out of Texas, who also had a small, remote, non-Texas facility. At that small facility, they had cameras watching the operation.

Let's not be surprised when a business owner does this. Other business owners walk around and pay attention to what you're doing. You may not like it, but some jobs are like that. Quit and move on.

Or not; for the people who hate to read and therefore won't:

The couple of things I ordered, came in a timely fashion. One thing was as described, but their description was inaccurate. It was a light bulb. They credited me for it right away, in a friendly manner.

yeah, that would piss me off. But again, for those who don't read the whole thing:
Nope, look at the links in my post 16 here

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I never had a bad experience with them, used them about a dozen times or so. Great prices on maintenance supplies.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I personally haven't had an issue with them, although it did take them two hours to install a prototype dogbone mount insert on my car while I sat in the lobby waiting. Pretty sure they took it for a test drive (read: joyride) after the install. Oil was at 220° when they pulled it around for me to pick up.

However, the contests and giveaways they do are completely rigged. When they gave away that Audi last year, it was to an ECS partner/employee. And the spin to win Christmas thing they do every year is completely fake and just a way to get your email and site clicks. Myself and my friend are both pretty savvy when it comes to coding, him much more so than me. We both took a look into the html code of the wheel and the wins possibilities are 10, 25, 50, and 100 dollar gift cards. The wheel doesn't even have a chance to land on the 50 and 100 dollar slots, and there are only "splash screen, congratulations you win pictures" of the 10 and 25 cards - 50 and 100 don't even exist. On top of that, when they release the list of "winners" at the end of the week or month or however often they did it, the names of the winner was randomly populated from a list library stored on a static webpage of randomly selected first names and last initials - paired, once again, randomly together. No real human being won, just "random name from column A" and "random letter from column b". Pretty sketchy marketing and lying to customers, making them think they care and are there to offer the customers incentives.

I had a work friend apply for a job as an engineer there. He was making some enemies at our company and needed to leave, but their job application page wasn't working. Emails went unanswered and his calls to their hiring department were hung up after he said their application page wasn't working, so he would like to send in his resume via email. Maybe they were trying to save him from a miserable job...

BTE

Passed Driver's Ed
I have never had a problem with any products purchased from ECS (GTI & E30) except a set of shifter bushings which they gladly returned.

ECS's shipping on the other hand.......... they might as well deliver their parts via carrier pigeons. My parts will arrive faster.

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
I never had a bad experience with them, used them about a dozen times or so. Great prices on maintenance supplies.

They did screw up the studs on my lug nut order, but I've been dealing with them for ages

One minorly bad experience doesn't sour it for me

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
However, the contests and giveaways they do are completely rigged. When they gave away that Audi last year, it was to an ECS partner/employee. And the spin to win Christmas thing they do every year is completely fake and just a way to get your email and site clicks. Myself and my friend are both pretty savvy when it comes to coding, him much more so than me. We both took a look into the html code of the wheel and the wins possibilities are 10, 25, 50, and 100 dollar gift cards. The wheel doesn't even have a chance to land on the 50 and 100 dollar slots, and there are only "splash screen, congratulations you win pictures" of the 10 and 25 cards - 50 and 100 don't even exist. On top of that, when they release the list of "winners" at the end of the week or month or however often they did it, the names of the winner was randomly populated from a list library stored on a static webpage of randomly selected first names and last initials - paired, once again, randomly together. No real human being won, just "random name from column A" and "random letter from column b". Pretty sketchy marketing and lying to customers, making them think they care and are there to offer the customers incentives.

No surprise, its the same for most contests. Still, as long as I get what I ordered, I'll play along

SRoads

Ready to race!
I believe a jalopnik article, just like I believe vox and huffington post. Probably a couple semi-factual statements contained there in, but I smell a biased agenda; recommend doing your own research. Take it as entertainment and nothing more.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
I love their shipping policies. Order 1 12lbs item, shipping =$52, X2=$42, X3=$42, X4=$52...really? So are they making a bonus profit when I only order 1?
I inquire about it on their live chat, to make sure there isn't an error, I was politely told no and was asked "any further questions". Then was thrown off before I had a chance to reply.
It's things like this why ECS leaves a sour taste in people's mouths.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SRoads

Ready to race!
I love their shipping policies. Order 1 12lbs item, shipping =$52, X2=$42, X3=$42, X4=$52...really? So are they making a bonus profit when I only order 1?
I inquire about it on their live chat, to make sure there isn't an error, I was politely told no and was asked "any further questions". Then was thrown off before I had a chance to reply.
It's things like this why ECS leaves a sour taste in people's mouths.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

are you sure the product you were trying to order was being drop shipped by some other company...you can order for example order 034 motorsports stuff, but they to not stock it at ecs, it ships from california...from 034 itself