GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oh no.....

Chris@RT

Banned
That's Ferdinand Porsche on the far left holding the engine lid up on the model.

Hitler's thinking "This is exactly what I wanted happy time"

Porsche's thinking "This guy may be onto to something putting the engine in the wrong place (911) I can convince people it's a great idea and create the most profitiable car company in the world. Then decades later my nephew or some other distant relative can put it in the right place (cayman) and make even more money selling all those idiots a second car that we should have just built in the first place"

my freshman year of high school. we had to write a report on our favorite product including origin, history, etc. I wanted to do VW.

my faces when i found out this bit of information from left to right:
:eyebulge: :thumbdown: :frown: :iono: :rolleyes: :thumbup:

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
lol i did know...it's just....that picture...is disturbing

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Holy history lesson batman

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
Hitler's thinking "This is exactly what I wanted happy time"

Porsche's thinking "This guy may be onto to something putting the engine in the wrong place (911) I can convince people it's a great idea and create the most profitiable car company in the world. Then decades later my nephew or some other distant relative can put it in the right place (cayman) and make even more money selling all those idiots a second car that we should have just built in the first place"

And then VW gobbles them right up :bellyroll:

Chris@RT

Banned
And then VW gobbles them right up :bellyroll:

Ha it wasn't quite a gobble, but yes they did. Porsche talked too much about trying to buy some of VW and the stocks shot through the roof (I made some good money :cool: ) It pushed the price higher then Porsche could afford and made VW stronger so they were able to then pick up Porsche. They both needed to ensure that they stayed in the family because of t-reg/cayenne. VW needs the cayenne volume to keep the parts quantities up and make sure the t-reg stays "affordable" and Porsche needed the cayenne to keep the lights on. Had someone else stepped in and bought either it could have messed up that and other connections. The buying, maybe even the driving up of VW shares was all well planned.