GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Change Dilemma-Question(s)

Navi

Autocross Champion
I’ll be dead in 10 years, so I want to not get stressed over any A-hole not respecting my requirements.

lol what the fuck. And you're worried about oil changes? :eek:o_O

GTI-CAL

Passed Driver's Ed
Well you sir, should just tear down the entire engine and wipe every surface dry then. You would not like how much oil is left in the block, cam valleys, oil galleys etc. EASILY that same (or more) 1/5-1/4 qt. that MIGHT get left behind with an extraction (but most times will not). Again, it won't make a shit bit of difference when you add in ~6 qts of fresh oil and start the engine for the first time afterwards. Sheesh. Love these extractor vs. drain arguments ? .
who said i have a problem leaving a little bit of old oil behind?

joeblonewjersey

Ready to race!
Now you've gone and done it ?

...93 and DSG
I did all my homework. Too many assholes in the world that have to be constantly monitored. After all, who can you trust? Life experience speaking. Lots of experience, 75 cars, trruck, motorcycles, bicycles and manufacturers, companies, people, you name it. Keep your eyes ope, put all the surveillance cams out, prove it.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I mean I’m also old and almost equally anal but good god man.... you are more than particular, you’re acting like a jackass. Get under there, buy a proper drain plug removal tool, get OEM plugs and replace with a new one. Drain, fill with 5.7L, replace w/OEM filter and repeat very 5000.

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Stand corrected, Thanks

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
This is not true at all. The extractor gets almost everything out. I've opened the drain plug after extracting during all my oil changes and maybe had a drop or two come out at most. Please don't spread false information with no proof other than what your brain feels.

The extractor works great and is a solid investment. Easiest oil changes ever. Get yourself an extractor and a 32 mm socket for the filter housing and you're golden

Edit: also never bring your car to a "quick-change" oil service place. They are trash

They are not all trash. I go to a quick change place and bring my own oil and filter and they charge me $10. I am in the work area with my car at all times. When they are finished I'm the one who starts my car and shuts it off so they can check the dipstick which actually is silly because I know the correct amount of oil went in the engine. And please don't recommend that I just get an extractor and save the $10 bucks. It takes 10 minutes and I couldn't use an extractor and then take the oil somewhere to recycle in 10 minutes.

joeblonewjersey

Ready to race!
So, the bottom line is very easy, very simple. Whomever the end-all person, whomever that was the responsible entity did not do their homework. As an informed consumer, prior to making any purchasing decision, it it the ultimate responsibility of the recipient of the product or service to perform due diligence. If you get fucked, Judge Judy rips your head off and says "DID YOU ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS FIRST?"
That's the point. ASK, ASK, ASK!
Lots of people talk shit, they say they can do this and that. Then review their workmanship, the corners they cut.
It's real, real hard to find a tru blue honest person who know their job, yes, even a grease monkey who just want his paycheck each week.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So, the bottom line is very easy, very simple. Whomever the end-all person, whomever that was the responsible entity did not do their homework. As an informed consumer, prior to making any purchasing decision, it it the ultimate responsibility of the recipient of the product or service to perform due diligence. If you get fucked, Judge Judy rips your head off and says "DID YOU ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS FIRST?"
That's the point. ASK, ASK, ASK!
Lots of people talk shit, they say they can do this and that. Then review their workmanship, the corners they cut.
It's real, real hard to find a tru blue honest person who know their job, yes, even a grease monkey who just want his paycheck each week.

It's an oil change not surgery. It's not like your car is the first one they've changed the oil for.