GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil for GTI!!!

Dangerous1979

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GTI
Castrol Edge Sport 5w30 is what the dealers put in over here in oz. I have however been told that the 0w40 is even better.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
I've heard good stuff about Amsoil but only have first hand experience with Motul and Royal Purple. I used Motul in my Lotus and thought it was great. My brother uses Royal Purple in his Civic Si and seems to like it. I know Amsoil is used in many Porsche race cars.

btownvw

Ready to race!

LoyalSage

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKIV & MKV R32
hey all,

i just did a little googling and found the attached PDF from audi which includes a list of 501 and 502 approved oils.

page 2-7 inclusive lists the 502.00 approved oils which is what we should be looking for.

there was a link earlier to a VW PDF but i was unable to load it, if anyone has the VW specific PDF please post it :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Audi_Approved_Oil_Chart.pdf
    374.4 KB · Views: 590

DriV3n

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 CW GTI
I've heard good stuff about Amsoil but only have first hand experience with Motul and Royal Purple. I used Motul in my Lotus and thought it was great. My brother uses Royal Purple in his Civic Si and seems to like it. I know Amsoil is used in many Porsche race cars.

RP is great stuff! :thumbup:
I used Royal Purple in my Civic with zero issues, and I had the Rev limiter set to 9300rpm on my AEM EMS. Absolutely wonderful product! Even used it in the tranny and it made shifts significantly smoother.

But, From what I'v read on the forum, Royal Purple doesn't have the VW 502.00 stamp. Is that true?

Some of the guys in my former Car Club used AmsOil and had good things to sa, but those were Nissan and Honda engines. Just wanted to know if anyone tried the AmsOil for Eurpoean engines yet?

MACH GTI

Ready to race!
guys with all this oil talk of what to use, any of you guys put LUCAS also into the engine? i've noticed in the morning the engine takes a while to warm up if i leaving it ilding, a while like 5 mins!

Jda_vw_g

Ready to race!
I just changed mine today. I went with Castrol Syntec 5w-40 because the local shops don't carry Mobil1 5w-40. I decided to stay with the "recommended" weight so I don't have any issues with the dealer if anything should happen in the future.

My buddy is a service tech/advisor for VW and he says that the dealer just changed from Castrol to Elf. Never heard of ELF, but I checked the Audi approved oil list and it's on their, so whatever.