GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil level warning

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
Here we go again! High engine oil level warning appeared yesterday, advising me to visit workshop.
I hadn't added oil on either occasion, This happened before and the dealer cleared it.
Any advice? Can I or should I clear this myself or follow the warning to visit dealer.

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
Is the oil level high on the dip stick?
Thanks for the interest.
It's the same now as it has been since I last checked it, level was fine (and is fine) and as I noted I hadn't added any oil either this time or on the previous occasion that the message appeared. How can the oil level suddenly appear too high when none was added?
I called the dealer and they advised it's OK to drive until service time which is first week in October. Until then I've to put up with the annoying warning both visually and audibly every time I start the engine. Who knows the warning may disappear at some stage - nothing new in my case - three years of putting up with bad software and here it is continuing. although it might be a faulty sensor!

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
My 2021 1.5 Style 6sp petrol oftens shows multiple warnings, but they soon go away one by one & stuff functions as it should, not ideal but annoying just the same. Also need to keep front VW badge perectly clean, especially if it's drizzling, car seems happier, think the badge is translucent and many sensors located behind it...