GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ok you lighting buffs....its time!

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
www.profoto.com

Go big are go home!

Just kidding. Check if there is a rental company in your area and rent out the gear you need. I made the mistake of buying a bunch of gear that I barely use. Now, I rent what I need and pass the bill to my clients.

There is no sense in spending hundred, if not thousands, of dollars on gear you will most probably be stuck with when you move up as a photographer. Rent until you know exactly which tools you work with the most. Then buy those, if you absolutely want your own gear.

ha ya right, i wish i could afford profoto! lol.

the only problem i see with renting equipment and not owning it is that you get a limited amount of practice with it. i can understand renting lenses and lighting gear when you will be doing a paid assignment, but to get to that level, you need to practice. i dont see the point in constantly renting equipment, eventually you would have been able to actually buy the equipment for the amount of times you rented it. i see all my large purchases as investments and i havent regretted.

there is also ebay for your old equipment:biggrin:

This is the mentality I hate about new photographers. No one takes the time to do things right anymore. You take a shot, look at your screen then then judge your exposure. If you are serious about photography, use the right tools. My .02 cents.

different strokes for different folks. like i said, if i was shooting film then i would definitely get a light meter. i just dont see the point when it comes to digital. i learn best through trial and error anyways, sometimes you can even get a cool looking shot by mistake.