GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

omg my xbox!

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Its the soldering problem. Its a known issue, and I'm fairly certain the Microsoft is allowing customers to send their Xbox's back and is replacing them free of charge. Was just talking about this to a guy that I work with yesterday. Just make sure you remove the HDD and other periferals before you send it off.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
Its the soldering problem. Its a known issue, and I'm fairly certain the Microsoft is allowing customers to send their Xbox's back and is replacing them free of charge. Was just talking about this to a guy that I work with yesterday. Just make sure you remove the HDD and other periferals before you send it off.

Yep, happened to me.. as long as it's still under warranty

davesee

FIA GT Champion
In fact, I even did the "heat gun" repair technique... It only worked for a month and the red ring came back...

Attachments

• 1141572219_40f3e65daf_o.jpg
    1141572219_40f3e65daf_o.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 399

CalBoyTex

Banned
yeah, i get the same problem with my consol... oh wait no i dont! PS3 ngga!!! But I just bought another xbox360..if i get one more red ring of death.. Bill Gates will be killed.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
I ended up selling the replacement console I got back from microsoft & getting the halo3 edition... I know.. waste of money but it looks cool.

I'm gonna blow a gasket if this one dies on me

yeah, i get the same problem with my consol... oh wait no i dont! PS3 ngga!!! But I just bought another xbox360..if i get one more red ring of death.. Bill Gates will be killed.

I have ps3 as well. It's nice but I like the xbox controller and xbox live so much better.

alf

Modwhoreator
i modded mine, it happened once, waited 5 minutes then it worked again. then a week later the problem came abck, went and bought a new xbox elite.

when i got home it worked, and has been working for the past week now, and the elite is chillin in the closet.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
i modded mine, it happened once, waited 5 minutes then it worked again. then a week later the problem came abck, went and bought a new xbox elite.

when i got home it worked, and has been working for the past week now, and the elite is chillin in the closet.

that sucks and those lights are the primary reason i refuse to mod out my 360. how long did it take for you guys to get yours back? took over a month until microsoft sent it back to me.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Go to your local Walmart, Target etc, and buy a enw 360 console...

Take the new one home, OPEN EVERYTHING VERY CAREFULLY. Open the console and remove the internals.

Replace the internals from your current system into the newly purchased console.

Repackage the "new" console back into it's packaging.

Take the box back and return it to the store. The serial numbers on the console will match your reciept, so no worries. The cashier isn't going to open everything to see if it functions. It helps to pay cash in the first place.

Is this schiesty as hell? absolutely. Is it going to hurt Microsoft? who cares? I've read multiple cases of this working flawlessly. Any 360 that is in stores now, is the new version that doesn't get RROD.

You didn't learn this from me. :thumbsup:

daveleeuk

I have a GTI on Forza
ok.. its officially died. 3 red rings.. people keep telliing me to wrap it in towels, put it on its side and leave it on for a hour.... :confused:

DONT do this, voids warranty!

Just send it off call xbox support, they email u a UPS label and when UPS come they can provide packing (i think)

daveleeuk

I have a GTI on Forza
that sucks and those lights are the primary reason i refuse to mod out my 360. how long did it take for you guys to get yours back? took over a month until microsoft sent it back to me.

Took me 5 days, but I got the RROD before the masses did, I'd imagine its a bit worse now

Nobber

VAG Junkie
didn't void my warranty. I did the towel trick but it only lasted for another couple of days before it died on it's arse again.

Just get it sent off, but be prepaired for about a months wait before you get one back.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Go to your local Walmart, Target etc, and buy a enw 360 console...

Take the new one home, OPEN EVERYTHING VERY CAREFULLY. Open the console and remove the internals.

Replace the internals from your current system into the newly purchased console.

Repackage the "new" console back into it's packaging.

Take the box back and return it to the store. The serial numbers on the console will match your reciept, so no worries. The cashier isn't going to open everything to see if it functions. It helps to pay cash in the first place.

Is this schiesty as hell? absolutely. Is it going to hurt Microsoft? who cares? I've read multiple cases of this working flawlessly. Any 360 that is in stores now, is the new version that doesn't get RROD.

You didn't learn this from me. :thumbsup:

Buddy, I like your style.