GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Open source tuning solution

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Anyone have issues connecting to a Fire tablet? Worked fine when I first received my a0 clone, took a few logs. Since then I factory reset the tab and ever since that point nothing I try gets it to connect. Tried flashing the adapter firmware/resetting settings, trying the 2 diff adapter names, confirming android permissions, etc.

Giving up for now until I have another android device to test but kind of annoyed as my return window on the tab is closing.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Anyone have issues connecting to a Fire tablet? Worked fine when I first received my a0 clone, took a few logs. Since then I factory reset the tab and ever since that point nothing I try gets it to connect. Tried flashing the adapter firmware/resetting settings, trying the 2 diff adapter names, confirming android permissions, etc.

Giving up for now until I have another android device to test but kind of annoyed as my return window on the tab is closing.
I had bad results with 2 fire tabs. It seems they have buggy shitty Bluetooth implementation unfortunately.

Cheap Motorola prepaid phone is the go to now for most who don't already have an android device. I prefer the smaller form factor over a tablet for logging and such anyways.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Got it, glad to hear not just me. Will wait for my cheap pixel to arrive. Looking forward to android auto racechrono track setup if all goes to plan.

Ralphie_43

Car(s)
Audi S3 8V (MQB)
Discord invite? discord handle "ralph_s3"

Been lurking around this topic for some time. Completely new to trying to tune. Previously was on GIAC stage2+ ECU/TCU currently went back to stock bc smog. so perfect time to finally bite the bullet and custom tune. FWIW 2015 Audi S3 130K miles

Performance part wise my car has HG intercooler and Bullx catted DP along with stock intake and panel filter but not to worry i have a solution I'm currently engineering ;)

My goal is to multimap switch for stock map, 91 OCT stage 2 and Flex Stage 2 Tune (plan to install a HPFP piston would prefer not to MPI as of now)
1698293913529.png

1698294180372.png

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Is this a kind of Cobb TC spark-based system for Simos Tools? What did you use before?
Yeah pretty much. I just had stock TC before. This let's you really fine tune when TC comes in, how aggressive it is, how much spark or wastegate is used, how it reacts when the wheels are turned, etc. Pretty fantastic system and is excellent in the rain too.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Looking through some of the documentation, it sounds like there is a repo of binary files out there, but I haven't been able to find it. I have access to the definition files, where are the BINs stored?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Looking through some of the documentation, it sounds like there is a repo of binary files out there, but I haven't been able to find it. I have access to the definition files, where are the BINs stored?
Yeah, the reason for this is it's not the best idea to publicly post the binary files (proprietary code and whatnot). I guess other platforms kind of get around this by using encrypted files, even though all of the same information is still there. These ECUs are like 10 years old at this point, so I guess no one probably cares, but still. Shoot me a PM I can probably help you get what you need.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Thinking about adding a downpipe and getting off the APR tune - is the discord still a thing? I don’t have the old facespace.