GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ordered my Zaino kit

Luckily my dad did the claybaring, mainly cause i was working. but it took him 3 hours to do it and by the time he was done he couldn't see right because of all the glare. He missed a few spots, but other than that it all came off. like i said i'm gonna have to touch up what he missed. but when he was showing me how to claybar properly the rail dust came off no problem.
My boyfriend says that dealerships may wetsand the cars, at least thats what his mom's dealer told her about her Thunderbird, that had what they called "industrial fallout".
either way, if i tried to get the dealer to get the rail dust off who know what may have happened. i'd rather have done it myself, or let my dad do it (which is what happened). the guy who detailed my 94golf wasn't gonna be in the area til the end of april and i wasn't gonna wait that long. and i don't know what he would have charged. i still may get him to touch up anything.

NYDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Clay was designed to remove the Rail dust and contaminants from shipping a car. So this should be the first step in removing this type of contamination.

Anyone with a White Car in a winter climate will be well aware of the little RUST SPECKS on the back bumper (Plastic). These are bits and pieces from who knows; plow blades, to junk cars scrapping the road. They get picked up and land on the paint and embed themselves there. I've seen this in my own cars in the past.

Claying a Car is something that I do at least twice a year. The first time is just after what I think will be the last Snowfall for the year. In the same day, I will also put on the first coat of wax. (My Preference is Zymol Carbon Wax) Depending on the GRADE of the clay bar, you can get the surface of the paint much smoother with out using any rotary devices or other chemicals.

In the spring and summer, my cars get waxed at least once a month; with spot touch ups if I get bird droppings or road tar on the surface. I keep a bottle of detail spray and a micro fiber towel in my car all spring summer and fall. Seems as though the person that normally parks behind me has a habit of feeding the Birds. Not been that big a problem, except in the winter when the Sparrows fly up under the car and perch in the engine bay for warmth.

Chris

i always had the build up on the back bumper of my 94golf which is white. always came off when my detailer did the car. got it detailed twice a year. once in the spring and once in the fall. i keep a California Duster in my car and dust it almost everyday, but if it's rained i just let it go til i wash her. it help keep her looking clean by getting all the pollen (which is rediculous right now) off. i don't like that it makes the car look light yellow.

EMB145Driver

Ready to race!
I Zainoed my GTI for the first time today. I have to admit it is the slickest and deepest shine I've ever seen. Do the clay, it makes a tremendous difference! I'm actually looking forward to doing the 2000 Black Magic Passat to see how it does on a car that needs some TLC.

destroyboredom

Autocross Newbie
After 7 hours, I'm done Zaino'ing the car. Washed, clay bar, 1 coat of Z-5, and 3 coats of Z-2. Then it started to rain as I was finishing up. Oh well rain was in the forecast for tomm, the car needed a good few coats of wax/polish anyway.

EMB145Driver said:
I Zainoed my GTI for the first time today. I have to admit it is the slickest and deepest shine I've ever seen. Do the clay, it makes a tremendous difference! I'm actually looking forward to doing the 2000 Black Magic Passat to see how it does on a car that needs some TLC.

destroyboredom

Autocross Newbie
So I was on the Zaino site tonight checking the testimonials and cam across my own that I sent in almst 3 years ago! Not a big deal but I thought it was pretty cool.:biggrin:

Sutekh

Passed Driver's Ed
Plan on putting my first Zaino coat on my car when it arrives. Any suggestions on the first application, besides Dawning it? Thanks for any help :)

Btw, that 25 coats looks sweet

dmclone

Oval Champion
Sutekh said:
Plan on putting my first Zaino coat on my car when it arrives. Any suggestions on the first application, besides Dawning it? Thanks for any help :)

Wash with Dawn
Dry
Claybar w/Z-18 claybar use Z7 car wash as lubricant (optional but recommedned)

Mix Z-2 and ZFX in one of the empty bottles they send
Let dry
Remove
Spray on Z-6 and immediately wipe off

You're done!

Now whenever you want to add another coat.

Wash
Dry
Z2-ZFX mix
let dry
remove
Z-6

Just keep in mind that anytime you use the claybar you are also removing whatever polish you have in that section

sc0ttyb

plays with matches
Gewd Stuff

Sutekh said:

I did my car today with the Zaino kit, too, and I couldn't believe how easy it was to apply. The instructions you get with it are great and easy to follow. I just did what they said and after two coats of polish it really gleams. Smooth as glass! I used a layer of Z-5 with some ZFX mixed in, let it dry, buffed it off, used Z-6 to get off any gunk I missed, and then did the whole thing again.

Maybe when I get the urge I'll stick 80 hojillion coats on 'er, but I had to stop at two because I had to eat at least once today! :laugh: