GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Orlando MKV's Representing

redGTI

Axis Motoring
Car(s)
02 & 08 GTI, 08 M3
Since the "Rabbit" name is making a return, shouldn't this website be called rabbitmk5.com....:bellyroll:

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
A few guys from the Mazda forums used to meet on wednesday at the winn-dixie lot on university. There were alot of other cars out there as well maybe we could meet up there and see what is happening. I would not be opposed to a weeknight meet every now and then? P.S. Anyone know a good shop that is familiar with V-Dubs and wont rape me on installing springs?

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
jaydubz said:
P.S. Anyone know a good shop that is familiar with V-Dubs and wont rape me on installing springs?

were all looking for that same place, so far we have a couple of places with good refrences and equal quality of work, but its was for a tint place and i forgot what the other one was.

i'm thinking of doing mine with racing zone or somewhere out of town.

jaydubz

Yeah I just got off the phone with RZ Motoring (racing zone) they are charging 150.00 to install neuspeed springs. I think that is a little high...actually that is really high. maybe if we did a group buy they would give us a discount on installation! Would any one be interested. They are selling the neuspeed springs shipped for 190.00.

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
jaydubz said:
Yeah I just got off the phone with RZ Motoring (racing zone) they are charging 150.00 to install neuspeed springs. I think that is a little high...actually that is really high. maybe if we did a group buy they would give us a discount on installation! Would any one be interested. They are selling the neuspeed springs shipped for 190.00.
:thumbup:

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
i'm intrested, i would rather the H&R sports though

jaydubz

I would not mind the H&R Springs at all due to them being the favored springs for our cars. So what does everyone think about a bi weekly meet and greet? I keep seeing new GTIs popping up al over the place. I passed two on the road today and a buddy from my office is getting one after riding in mine. At the meeting we could talk about proposing this offer RZ motoring, they may give in if our presence is strong enough. what does everyone think?

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
im down for a group buy. but im really wanting some coilovers instead of just springs. idk for sure what im gonna do but if we can get a pretty good discount on the springs, i'll probably just wind up doing that. the one thing i do know is that the thirty two finger gap has got to go!

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
I'm definitely up for getting some real meetings going on. We could organize another meet for a week from Saturday, perhaps somewhere a bit more empty, and, depending on where everyone is, somewhere more centralized. If Winter Park is good, we could meet in the Kmart Plaza across the street from WPV.

I've also been talking to Trevor some, and we're thinking about maybe doing a track day once a month, perhaps at the end or beginning of each month? I think Daytona might be a bit far, at the moment, for such a fledgling club, but maybe after a few meetings, and once we really get going into the summer, it'd be fun to hit the beach as a big gang. I've only seen a couple other GTI's out there, one of which I know was Jaydubz, and another was a white one with a girl driving on Lake Emma. There's also a Black GLI around my area, I've seen him twice.

I'm kind of trying to get a website thing worked out with a friend of mine, not sure whether or not they can make something nice for free, but I'm trying. We've also been thinking about naming the club something like CFLMKV.com?

Once we're all up and running, we can run off some pamphlets to put on peoples cars when we see 'em sitting in parking lots. =P

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting up, let's see what we can come up with. It seems like there's a higher concentration of GTI owners in Central Florida than anywhere else in the US. =P

- Jibbly

Edit: As for the springs, it'd definitely depend on the cost, I'd be willing to do it if it's not too expensive, and doesn't affect my warranty any...

jaydubz

no matter what we want, if we have a strong enough presence then RZ motoring may just work with us. of course I have not spoken to them, but being in business myself I can assume that they want to make some money. I am sure we could negotiate anything with them from that stand point. It would be nice to do that at one of the meetings once we get established. Does anyone have any ideas for a meeting place and time? I am all for a weekly or bi-weekly meet during a weekday evening. Anyone else down for that? I want to start getting some mods, but dont want to pay out the ass for them if I can save 20 buck here and there simply for being a member of a group then I am all for it.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
I would think RZ wouldn't turn away 4 or 5 drops over a couple of bucks, besides they might see that were orginized and help us out for all of our mods were thinking about. i dont know for sure but we could see whats up at the next meet. anyone have ideas for our next meet... as in when and where?

jaydubz

Yeah, my thoughts exactley. if we show them we are 6 to 10 strong they would be stupid to turn away business. We just have to get super organized and come at them with a good proposal. I would say to meet sooner the better. What do u guys think?

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
Tonight might be a bit too short notice. I was thinking perhaps more towards next week? Maybe... Wednesday or Thursday evening next week? I know I won't be able to get anywhere at least until next Wednesday.

Where exactly is Waterford Lakes?

-Jibbly