GOLFMKV

OZ Michelangelo II PL

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
hide said:
Some pics are here.:laugh:

Wow, those look really good. I think I already decided on some wheels though. Some nice black Flik Hornets, ET45, 18x8, under 1000$ with tires.

Nimble

Oval Champion
Whafrodamus said:
Actually, 40 Lb's on the car won't make a huge difference. If I remove the spare tire, I'll be good to go weight wise.

That is absolutely false. Rotational weight has a MUCH greater impact than just "removing the spare." Go ahead and put on 30lb boat anchors and tell me that your car isn't dog slow after doing that. Not to mention it is much harder on the suspension components, brakes, and decreases gas mileage.

Sorry for jumping on a soapbox, but wheels and tires are somewhat my forte, as I've had about 10 different sets on my past BMW obsessions, and have measured the differences in how they affect performance.

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
Nimble said:
That is absolutely false. Rotational weight has a MUCH greater impact than just "removing the spare." Go ahead and put on 30lb boat anchors and tell me that your car isn't dog slow after doing that. Not to mention it is much harder on the suspension components, brakes, and decreases gas mileage.

Sorry for jumping on a soapbox, but wheels and tires are somewhat my forte, as I've had about 10 different sets on my past BMW obsessions, and have measured the differences in how they affect performance.

I stand corrected. I'm totally going for those Flik Hornets. 20 lbs, 18x8 ET45 :-D

Nimble

Oval Champion
Whafrodamus said:
I stand corrected. I'm totally going for those Flik Hornets. 20 lbs, 18x8 ET45 :-D

Nice call! If I wasn't so cheap, I wouldv'e gone with those with some tires, but as I stand, selling my stock 17's will almost cover the cost of the 17x8 Flik FTD's. :cool: