GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Paging All MK8 Golf R Owners In The California Bay Area! APEX Is Looking For Volunteers For Fitment Testing And Photoshoots.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion

Paging all MK8 Golf R owners in the California Bay area!

If you're interested in free professional photos of your car on brand new APEX wheels, we are looking for volunteers for test fitting and photoshoots! Volunteers will get copies of the photos, a discount on a set of APEX wheels, and APEX goodies/swag. If you're interested in volunteering, please email us at info@apexraceparts.com with your contact information, location, and a photo of your car. All are welcome. Show us what you've got!

If you'd like to take an inside look at what these photoshoots involve, feel free to check out the following video detailing the process of one of our recent VS-5RS photoshoots:

-Team APEX

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
That’s not a little peek at the forged wheel, is it?
Same design, but the specific wheel shown is a much wider and more aggressive fitment than those planned for our VW/Audi MQB VS-5RS lineup. While the overall design will be the same, the spokes will be a bit less concave to support the higher offsets necessary for these cars.

With that said, we should be getting some fresh 17" VW/Audi VS-5RS samples at our office soon. I will be sure to give the community a sneak peek once they arrive!

-Geirsen

bentin

Autocross Champion
Awesome thanks. I know we get pretty flat wheels with our high offsets. I miss the 8mm offset of my M Coupe.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Bump!

We are still looking for a MK8 Golf R for fitment testing in the Bay Area! Please PM us on the forums or email us at info@apexraceparts.com if you would like to volunteer your car.

-Geirsen
Don't forget that a few (mine specifically) sank on the last attempt to get them over here and then they shut down the plant because Putin is a twat. It only recently reopened, so it will be a minute until they try to get another boat across the pond and folks start to receive them. The West Coast has been the least served so far, so hopefully that's where orders are headed next, but it remains a very weird market.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Don't forget that a few (mine specifically) sank on the last attempt to get them over here and then they shut down the plant because Putin is a twat. It only recently reopened, so it will be a minute until they try to get another boat across the pond and folks start to receive them. The West Coast has been the least served so far, so hopefully that's where orders are headed next, but it remains a very weird market.
That makes a lot more sense considering how tough it has been to find a MK8 R in CA as of recently. I knew a lot of cars were lost on the boat but I was not aware of the factory closure. I appreciate the heads up!

-Geirsen