GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parents Rides.

dkwince

BIG WILLIE STYLE
I thought this would be an intersting thread. Post up pictures of what your parents drive. :thumbsup:

Ill start off with my dad..

and my moms car is creepin in the back here.

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Ah now i see, everyone is young with loaded parents :)

Dads car 2009 Q5

Moms car 4dr 2008 328xi

Last edited:

Psy GTI

Mafioso
My dad's:

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 2S (not his pictured)

1973 911 S w/ RS engine and suspension (him driving at i THINK willow springs)

and a 4runner as his daily (not his pictured)

My Mom drives an 08 328i like this one

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
dad drives an A6 3.2

Mom drives a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer v6 awd

The sunday car is a 2004?5? BMW Z4 2.5i

argue53

Go Kart Champion
All these cars are winners, but the A6 is def what I want as my next car.

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Dad drives a 2006 Mercedes Benz S550 with chrome AMG wheels and a 2005 BMW 645ci cabriolet.

Mom drives 2009 Mercedes Benz Gl550

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
You should take those RS6 wheels.

lol it's a lease, but believe me I've thought about it once or twice. I don't see the dealer being too pleased when their A6 is turned in with a set of huffs!

njfast.. Your dads got good taste. Before my dad got the M3 he had an A6 4.2. I loved driving that thing.. especially in the winter.

I tried to push him towards the 4.2, but it was a no go. this was when gas was 4 bucks a gallon, and he was coming out of a lease for an E500 4MATIC. He loved the sheer power that the 5 litre v8 gave him on demand, but he needed something more economical without giving up all hope of having a somewhat fast car. the A6 3.2 fit the bill.

The car is so comfortable in every way, shape, and form. I've only driven it 3 times, but every time is a pleasure. Coming from my gti, i literally almost ripped his steering wheel off the column because its so light. I could take corners with my pinkie all day long in that car.

My dad drove lincoln town cars for a long time in the 90's, then in 96 his local dealer had gotten in a beautiful mercedes S class with only 40k on it. My dad went German and never looked back. loved the S, but then handed it off to my bro and I as our first car when he hit 194k miles and moved onto the E500. Once he got tired of that and the lease was ending, I pushed him towards audi because of all the awesome things I'd heard. He loved it and had no idea how much he was being shafted by mercedes-benz (theyre all a bunch of pompous a-holes!)

The only issue he's been having with the audi is a CEL that keeps coming on and off and the dealer isn't being too helpful with it. everytime they say its fixed, its not. The other day he brought it in for the 30k service and they gave him the new A4 2.0T as a loaner, and he loved it, but said it was too sporty of a ride...he missed the comfort of his A6.

He keeps threatening me to go japanese... a lot of his clients/partners drive lexus' and they all rave to him about how nice they are. I'm trying my darndest to keep him away.

ok sorry for the novel :biggrin:v:threadjacked:

All these cars are winners, but the A6 is def what I want as my next car.

she's a beaut! see above :happyanim:

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
njfast.. Your dads got good taste. Before my dad got the M3 he had an A6 4.2. I loved driving that thing.. especially in the winter.

sorry had to talk a bit more haha the quattro is so awesome, it deserves its own response anyway.

He said going from 4matic to quattro was like night and day. He's never once felt the car out of control. He's more confident driving in snowstorms/blizzards/rain in his car than he is in the Mercury Mountaineer AWD.

One time last winter, we had an ice storm (I live on a "mountain" and we get some bizzare weather as compared to the rest of my town) and my whole road was literally an ice rink. there was about 2 inches of ice between the road surface, and anything with 4 wheels. My dad came home from work, came over the hill, and the car started to slide and lose grip a bit, but it corrected itself, and he got in the driveway safetly.

-2 minutes later I saw our neighbor skid into the sidewalk, then spend a half hour trying to get up his driveway.

-A pontiac aztec tapped the brakes at the top of the hill and spiralled the whole way down the road, I have no idea what happened to it.

-the only other person I saw conquer the road that night was my gf's dad. He came to pick her up because she couldnt get out of our driveway with her beetle cause of the ice. He came in his 6 speed Passat wagon 2.0T and picked her up. He went to the bottom of the hill, turned around in the cul de sac, and beasted it all the way up my road in one smooth, slow, fluid shot, and got home safe. german engineering ftmfw.