GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parking assist help

joshuawheat

Can anyone list what the bits or bytes for parking assistance do in OBDeleven/vcds? I have a 22 gti and the front sensors keep saying they are dirty and won’t read even though I cleaned and washed the car. Rear sensors work perfect and all acc and driver assists work perfect. It won’t let me clear the front sensor code and i am interested in coding out the front sensors if possible. I know that bit 0 on byte 4 in long coding removes the park assist function but then shows a message on the dash I can’t remove. I would like to know what all the bits are for and all the bytes as well.

Attachments

• EDE3BF84-96B3-4175-B651-74AF0452A530.jpeg
    EDE3BF84-96B3-4175-B651-74AF0452A530.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 106

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Can you send me a photo of the parking error..
the car is in warranty, would you not let VW solve the problem.. i mean that is not normal..

joshuawheat

Can you send me a photo of the parking error..
the car is in warranty, would you not let VW solve the problem.. i mean that is not normal..
I will get a photo but also this dealership is not the best with service and I have had issues with them in the past actually damaging my car and refusing to help. I just like to know what coding features are on this car as well so I know for my own benefit.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
I've found keeping front VW logo (sensors hidden behind it) perfectly clean at all times has eliminated many random error messages which soon disappeared anyway, gotta be worth a try and may just work. As the car is still under warranty I'd consider letting VW fix it, maybe try another dealer as anything you do or change may affect your warranty, not that I'm suggesting you don't know what to do, your knowledge of bits & bytes indicates that you do. I'd take plenty of photos anyway, inside and out, just before dropping car off and be prepared to raise literal 'holy heck' if there is any damage, but don't expect to be able to return to that dealer. Good luck....

joshuawheat

I've found keeping front VW logo (sensors hidden behind it) perfectly clean at all times has eliminated many random error messages which soon disappeared anyway, gotta be worth a try and may just work. As the car is still under warranty I'd consider letting VW fix it, maybe try another dealer as anything you do or change may affect your warranty, not that I'm suggesting you don't know what to do, your knowledge of bits & bytes indicates that you do. I'd take plenty of photos anyway, inside and out, just before dropping car off and be prepared to raise literal 'holy heck' if there is any damage, but don't expect to be able to return to that dealer. Good luck....
I appreciate that insight on the logo. I will be sure to keep it all as clean as I can and see if it helps! I have raised holy hell at this dealership when the ruined my ac system and it took them 5 months to repair. They also ruined my headliner and refused to replace it. I have just not had faith in these guys at this dealer

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
My Mk8 'doesn't like' mist fog / fine drizzle / v lite rain but keeping front VW clean does seem to help. Best to sort things amicably, if at all possible, sadly it isn't always and by raising 'holy heck' I meant being very controlled, 'fuly in the zone' and gradually escalating being super-assertive, like sports people need to be, I'll say no more ;). Well hope it gets sorted for you....

joshuawheat

My Mk8 'doesn't like' mist fog / fine drizzle / v lite rain but keeping front VW clean does seem to help. Best to sort things amicably, if at all possible, sadly it isn't always and by raising 'holy heck' I meant being very controlled, 'fuly in the zone' and gradually escalating being super-assertive, like sports people need to be, I'll say no more ;). Well hope it gets sorted for you....
Oh I didn't initially go in guns blazing, but after the 4th visit and being told to "drive my car like it was", I lost my cool a little

joshuawheat

An update. I took my car in for the new parking assist module replacement. No fix. But the dealership did manage to put an 8 in wide section of deep gouges in my paint on the roof. Looks like maybe the tech had his laptop on there. I had to pay for paint correction on a 2 week old brand new car. The dealership has given me radio silence to my requests for the video from the tech. I will no longer be using this dealer for anything

joshuawheat

BUMP If anyone knows how to delete the parking sensors and remove the "parking distance error" message on the gauge cluster, I wouldn't be opposed to just deleting them altogether

cbarton10

I'm having the same problem with mine. I keep getting an error that the front sensors need to be cleaned. The car is immaculate, so we took it into our local dealership where we bought the car. They just called me and said the sensors are pitted from road chips and all 4 need to be replaced to the tune of $1422.96. I have a hard time believing this considering the car is barely driven and has always been garaged. Not sure how all 4 of them could go bad all at once. I think I've maybe driven down a dirt road less than 5 times since I've owned the car. They did say it is not covered under the warranty because it is due to driver fault. I definitely won't be fixing it through them.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I'm having the same problem with mine. I keep getting an error that the front sensors need to be cleaned. The car is immaculate, so we took it into our local dealership where we bought the car. They just called me and said the sensors are pitted from road chips and all 4 need to be replaced to the tune of $1422.96. I have a hard time believing this considering the car is barely driven and has always been garaged. Not sure how all 4 of them could go bad all at once. I think I've maybe driven down a dirt road less than 5 times since I've owned the car. They did say it is not covered under the warranty because it is due to driver fault. I definitely won't be fixing it through them.
They have a TPI for parking sensor errors or surface damage: 2035481/6
Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 10.32.41.png
This is from stone chipping...
They explain that this is not covered under warranty.
Do you notice any chipping on the sensors?
If they are chipped as they say then you are better off shopping around.
The price they quoted is madness...