GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

pavor nocturnus

cicatrizdare

Ready to race!
aka, night terrors.

anyone here get them?

i've been having nightmares almost daily for a long time but only recently have they turned extremely vivid, to the point that i wake up screaming/on the verge of tears and/or breakdown.

i've read some things and am trying to figure out my triggers. i have also tried lucid dreaming to try and correct the dreams and react to them subconsciously but this is all to no avail.

i know this sounds weird but they are really messing with me and it's affecting how i act with people during the day...anyone else get these?:yikes:

Mr. White

MESPELLENG WURDZ!
my buddy had them really bad and they put him on ambien or somthing like that so he could go back to sleep, it took him a while, about a year, but they stopped after a while, good luck man, they are no fun

cicatrizdare

Ready to race!
Yea, i'm really trying to avoid prescriptions though. It's not that I can't fall asleep either, but I just have them EVERY night. :/

julito04

I plead the fif.
Sounds like you might possibly need a prescription, even though you dont want it. Maybe fap it before sleep and that will make you feel better and think good thoughts? :biggrin:

Sothis

Diesel power
Damn that sounds pretty serious!
well I think you should ask a doctor, not VW enthusiasts...
Good luck fighting that crap, man!

pbfoot

Ready to race!
Sounds like you might possibly need a prescription, even though you dont want it. Maybe fap it before sleep and that will make you feel better and think good thoughts? :biggrin:
This is no joke, I always sleep better when I jerk it and/or blaze before sleeping.

Khobin~

Go Kart Champion
I get them from time to time... wake in all issed off or whatever, but basically just gotta tell yourself it's just a stupid dream and go back to sleep.

If it's really affecting your life I'd suggest that maybe you need to seek professional help, like some counselling or something :iono:

julito04

I plead the fif.
Try marijuana...

This also.

I remember that when I smoked I wouldnt dream, or didnt remember dreaming should I say. But when I took a good ol' long break from puffin. I would remember 5-6-7 dreams, vividly, a night. It was crazy. So maybe smoke and it will help, Just a thought. I know you dont want to take prescriptions, let alone an illegal drug. But it never hurts to try it lol.

saucer

Leadfoot
This also.

I remember that when I smoked I wouldnt dream, or didnt remember dreaming should I say. But when I took a good ol' long break from puffin. I would remember 5-6-7 dreams, vividly, a night. It was crazy.

I was so surprised to discover this a few years ago. I'll bet we still dream, but just don't remember it b/c of the short term memory problems haha.

I've been having anxiety problems he past few years though - only when I drink. I'll wake up nervous as hell around 5am (maybe as my body detoxifies) and I honestly feel like I'm gonna die. Not getting the shakes or anything... yet. But it does remind me of Leaving Las Vegas when he wakes up in the middle of the night needing a drink...

SagOisaTREE

Ready to race!
I used to have really awful nightmares when I was a kid. I'm not talking nightmares where you wake up scared, I'm talking ones that make you wake up screaming, crying and not wanting to go to sleep ever again. I actually had to go on anti-anxiety medication and go see a counselor because they fucked me up so bad. Some examples:
-Dream in which I was in a classroom at my elementary school. The teacher shut and locked the door, the room suddenly caught on fire and I watched everyone scream as they burned to death.
-Chased through an empty office building by a ventriloquist dummy, locked myself in a bathroom, it came out of the toilet and choked me
-Sitting at the dinner table with my family, they all started bleeding out of the mouth and then fell face down on the table as a random guy in hood came in through the front door and came after me with an axe.

Those are some of my dreams from childhood :)

Last edited:

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
I havent had a cigarette in almost 6 weeks. Im using the patch. When I first put it on I had the craziest dreams I ever experienced. Before the patch I rarely remembered what I had dreamt about but literally every single night now I have extremely vivid dreams. People I havent talked to or thought of in years were in them in the most outrages scenarios. Lately I have gotton used to them and since Im on step 2 they have let up a little bit. When I lay down to go to sleep now its almost like Im ready to watch a movie in my head. Im telling you if you want to have some crazy dreams, put a nicotine patch on for a night.

utekineir

Banned
i always used to feel like i didn't get enough sleep if i puffed before bed, i'd sleep like a log, but never really feel refreshed, even after sleeping in.

i'd suggest you jerk it till its a limp noodle,

however long that takes you.

Scharf

-Sitting at the dinner table with my family, they all started bleeding out of the mouth and then fell face down on the table as a random guy in hood came in through the front door and came after me with an axe.

That would make a kick ass Metal video.

cicatrizdare

Ready to race!
I've been trying to rule out my triggers. As for the blazing before bed, I used to* on a regular basis, except for the past few weeks because my area (my go-to guy) has been off his game.

Gonna go back to the daily pre-bed time bowl and see if that works...I tell you what though, now that I think about it whenever I haven't burned before bed is when the dreams were the worst, and I can't believe i'm only noticing this now.