GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PC Gamers?

AlfaMikeF0xtr0t

Ready to race!
How do you live? Using a controller for a FPS would be like using a controller to drive a car.

For me it's just easier to use a trigger to ADS, and thumbs to move and look. This whole hold right click to ADS, then left click to shoot, and 4 fingers to move is weird.

I expect the same kind of performance you can get with a keyboard and mouse I can get with a controller. At least I'm trying to convert, you gotta give me points for not being a console leghumper.:D

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I can't aim for shit with thumbsticks. Playing through Halo Reach with a friend I'd hold the trigger and strafe across targets while he did most of the work.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
For me it's just easier to use a trigger to ADS, and thumbs to move and look. This whole hold right click to ADS, then left click to shoot, and 4 fingers to move is weird.

I expect the same kind of performance you can get with a keyboard and mouse I can get with a controller. At least I'm trying to convert, you gotta give me points for not being a console leghumper.:D

The main thing is that you get faster and better control of aiming with a mouse compared to a joystick, plus for more complex games you have more buttons at your disposal.

If PC and console players were to play against each other on the same servers, the PC players would dominate.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
^ I approve this statement

Also, PC sales might be on the rise since Xbox be fcking up :D

blankwavercade

Ready to race!
the xbox isnt fucking up. people are going to bitch and bitch about this that and the next thing with the xbox. Needs to be online atleast once a day? who cares the majority of people play their games online so who does this really matter to? I know of one person who is probably bitching. He lives in the middle of no where on a big ass farm and doesnt have internet.

on another note i hope it doesn't make pc game sales rise. Im already tired of the huge amount of little kids who started playing counter-strike go because of the free weekend a few weeks ago.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
the xbox isnt fucking up. people are going to bitch and bitch about this that and the next thing with the xbox. Needs to be online atleast once a day? who cares the majority of people play their games online so who does this really matter to? I know of one person who is probably bitching. He lives in the middle of no where on a big ass farm and doesnt have internet.

on another note i hope it doesn't make pc game sales rise. Im already tired of the huge amount of little kids who started playing counter-strike go because of the free weekend a few weeks ago.

Requiring it to be online is fcking up, the mass of r-tards out there that belive big brother is big brother will simply just not buy it.

I don't really understand your PC statement, little kids play as much xbox as they do PC so you're going to have them anywere.

///809

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys new to the forum, and ran across this thread. Not heavy into gaming like I used to be but I built a decent rig a couple months ago to just have something to kill time on.

I used to be a heavy Counter Strike and Day of defeat guy, and I hated anything that had to do with shooting on a regular console. BUT, then my girl got me a ps3 one xmas and I got addicted to COD and BF3 online. I became pretty good with the sticks, but it was never as accurate as I was with a mouse and keyboard.

So im slowly getting back into the pc and away from the console, its just fun when you have ppl to play with and none of my friends are pc guys.

Back in the days I was into: Farcry, Halflife, Counter Strike, Age of empires, Day of defeat, COD

Right now im just dabbling between Aion(MMo) and (Age of empires 2) I just like the old school AOE2 chil game play. When my friend gets on we get some Counter strike source going.

Has anyone tried out that "Day z" its supposed to be some kind of walking dead type mod/game.

blankwavercade

Ready to race!
Requiring it to be online is fcking up, the mass of r-tards out there that belive big brother is big brother will simply just not buy it.

I don't really understand your PC statement, little kids play as much xbox as they do PC so you're going to have them anywere.

cs:go had a free weekend a few weeks ago and ever since then theres be a huge jump of little kids mic spamming stupid shit. It's pretty annoying. Also playing competitive has gotten pretty bad when your team is down by one and theyre pissed. they spam the mic while theyre dead so you can't hear foot steps.

also i dont see how requiring it to be online is fucking it up. look at diablo 3. always online, people bitched for about a week and they still play.

blankwavercade

Ready to race!
wait until theres a big update such as when lord of destruction came out for diablo 2.

PC gaming normally takes place online as well. not so much an always online aspect, however do people really take the time to disconnect their connection to play a video game on steam?

Shini

Go Kart Champion
also i dont see how requiring it to be online is fucking it up. look at diablo 3. always online, people bitched for about a week and they still play.

Dude, I don't see why people flip out about having a snapshot thing from progressive in their car for a month, but people care about these things and they will just not buy something if they think their privacy is at risk. Don't ask me :iono:

D3 is a little different, it's a game, not a game system, and it's an MMO, being online is kind of required. People were mad you couldn't dupe items in offline mode and cheat the system, no one that didn't want to defraud cared about it requiring online access.

Xbox is a system, like a PC.

It would be like Windows saying Okay guys, to use your PC you're going to have to connect to the internet.

Why?

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
wait until theres a big update such as when lord of destruction came out for diablo 2.

PC gaming normally takes place online as well. not so much an always online aspect, however do people really take the time to disconnect their connection to play a video game on steam?

The issue is actually worse for PC gamers than consoles because people can game on laptops, but moving a whole console and TV around is kind of a pain in comparison.

If I had a gaming laptop I would be upset that single player games require me to burn up my battery and 4G data.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
The issue is actually worse for PC gamers than consoles because people can game on laptops, but moving a whole console and TV around is kind of a pain in comparison.

If I had a gaming laptop I would be upset that single player games require me to burn up my battery and 4G data.

I tend to stray away from games that require online connections, because I do have a laptop and the ones that require online access I haaaaaaaaate.

Because it's either burning up my cell data, OR I'm fuct because I can't get a connection where I'm at.

hate hate hate things requiring online access.

I mean MMO's I get, but signle player games, ugh.