GOLFMKV

Pedal Covers

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
MK7 GTI/A3 Pedal Covers install into TSI

Here's a few pics.

- The brake pedal is a breeze, just press it on into place after you remove the old one by simply pulling it off.
- The dead pedal was much easier than some of the videos floating around indicate. I didn't remove any of the trim pieces. The side trim is thin enough that it has more than enough flex to pop it out and pop the new one in.
• Pull the original dead pedal out by the outward facing edge first (closest to the brake), that side will just pop out.
• Slip your fingers into the top of side trim piece and run them down towards the pedal to pop out the side trim.
• Flex the side trim outwards towards the interior of your car with one hand and with the other hand reach inside and unclip the inner edge of the stock dead pedal and pull it out.
• Slide the new dead pedal into place sliding the tongue-like clips into the holes on the outer edge of the carpet (again the edge closest to the brake)
• Reach under the side panel again and lock the upper and lower inside clips into place.
• Pop the side panel back into place next to the dead pedal.
– Accelerator pedal, this was by far the hardest. I messed with it for a while and couldn't get it. My wife got it to pop on by sliding it on and up from the bottom.

------------------- Original Post-------------------
Anyone know of decent pedal covers for the MK7 Golf that don't break the bank? Don't really feel like shelling out for the OEM GTI ones at the price they are.

Tried ordering eBay ones and was sent a set for an e90 BMW :confused: plus they were uber cheap. Way worse than I thought they might be based on the images.

Last edited:

VW Villan

Passed Driver's Ed
Got mine from an Audi dealer for less than half what VW charge for exactly the same item. There's lots of very cheap ones on alibaba which look the same, I'd give them a go.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Got mine from an Audi dealer for less than half what VW charge for exactly the same item. There's lots of very cheap ones on alibaba which look the same, I'd give them a go.

Oh yeah? What part numbers? I am finding 8V1064205A online but not too cheap.

The Alibaba ones look like the same ones I tried to order from eBay. What I was sent was the wrong part and of very very poor quality so not sure I want to try that route again.

Last edited:

VW Villan

Passed Driver's Ed

AR11

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if it's possible to use the wider DSG brake pedal on a manual in order to make it easier to heel-toe? I'd cut the extra width on the clutch side but want more pedal on the gas side.

Mutant

I got a set of Sparko covers on amazon for $40 maybe? Just used the brake cover. Heel and toe problem solved.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

barisk

Ready to race!
got mine from aliexpress, very good! better then i expected. rubbers on the pedal are from good quality not cheaps plastic or plastic rubber.

GJK

Ready to race!
Can anyone tell me about how much thickness these covers add to the pedals? I'm thinking of getting a set just so the seat can be moved back a bit for a shorter driver...

jeffkro

Go Kart Champion
Oh yeah? What part numbers? I am finding 8V1064205A online but not too cheap.

The Alibaba ones look like the same ones I tried to order from eBay. What I was sent was the wrong part and of very very poor quality so not sure I want to try that route again.

Yeah, brake pedals are kind of important. You might want to make sure they aren't to poorly made.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Yeah, brake pedals are kind of important. You might want to make sure they aren't to poorly made.

Yep. I'm not sure what pedal covers people above got that are good quality because if they are anything like what i was sent (they were either for older VW model than MK7 or for BMW) they can't be any good.

I went with the factory ones to be safe and done with it.

ktopher

Ready to race!
got mine from aliexpress, very good! better then i expected. rubbers on the pedal are from good quality not cheaps plastic or plastic rubber.

Sounds like a good choice. Can you post some pics? I'm planning to get pedal covers also.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Does anyone know if it's possible to use the wider DSG brake pedal on a manual in order to make it easier to heel-toe? I'd cut the extra width on the clutch side but want more pedal on the gas side.

I'm curious on this too!

I can't wait for aftermarket sport pedals for our car. Though I've gotten used to the "Chris Harris driving the GT4 in Portimao" technique.