GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pelican Cases?

305GTI

Ready to race!
Just wondering if anybody has experience with pelican cases. I know they have a great reputation in the gun community but I was looking to buy one for my GO PRO HD camera to keep it safe. As of right now my camera and all the small accessories are floating around in a gallon zip lock bag.

I was looking at this case from Pelican-Case.com

http://www.pelican-case.com/1170-green.html

From what I have read all the cases come with a lifetime warranty and seam pretty durable. Anyone on here using one of these for electronics? Camera/laptop/gps etc?

Andyman

Ready to race!
Pelican cases will definitely protect your valuables, I've used them at work a lot to protect high dollar electronic test equipment.

jerm

Ready to race!
Pelican makes quality stuff. My company used them for protecting RF/radio-com equipment.

mikochu

boogerface
I have a Pelican 1150 for my GoPro HD. The way I have it setup, it can fit two GoPro cameras , cables, and mounts, etc. However, the suction cup mounts don't fit. Pelican makes awesome cases, but they definitely aren't cheap. Most of my photographer friends use Pelican cases for their camera equipment and such.

305GTI

Ready to race!
I have a Pelican 1150 for my GoPro HD. The way I have it setup, it can fit two GoPro cameras , cables, and mounts, etc. However, the suction cup mounts don't fit. Pelican makes awesome cases, but they definitely aren't cheap. Most of my photographer friends use Pelican cases for their camera equipment and such.

The suction cup doesn't fit at all or if I left some stuff behind would I be able to squeeze it in there? This was one of my main concerns with the sizing

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
I was a paramedic for 4 years, we kept all of our medical supplies (including controlled substances and meds in glass vials) in pelican boxes. I frequently dropped these cases getting out of the truck (at least a 3 foot fall) and many times it bounced off the tailgate on the way down and rolled. Never had to worry about the contents within the case for a second.

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
No experience with the Go-Pro case, but I can tell that their laptop briefcase will survive the fall from the luggage compartment of a commercial jet to the tarmac. The laptop worked fine and so did the case afterward.

Also, their smaller cases work well. I had a point-and-shoot in one of their cases and it made it through a year in the desert through all kinds of rough stuff.

The website you're on is probably the best prices as well. That's where I've gotten all of mine from. I believe it's run by a company called Southwest Public Safety.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
I used Pelican cases for years in the military; and they are even better than their reputation makes them out to be.

:thumbsup:

305GTI

Ready to race!
Thanks for all the input, ordering the 1170 as we speak. Let you guys know how it turns out!

305GTI

Ready to race!
Finally got my Pelican 1170 case, fits everything I need for my Go Pro with plenty of space left. I have not finished customizing the foam just yet, but everything you see fits perfect and closes nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_0828.jpg
    IMG_0828.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 232

FiGGy77

Ready to race!
nice..
i have a similar case, not Pelican, but just as good, to transport some camera gear and lenses....very valuable. makes me feel good that a few grand in equipment can be safe in there...

VWTN

Ready to race!
They're as good as everyone says but, overkill in most situations. I'm a buy once cry once guy. I also adhere to the would rather have and not need than need and not have, mantra. Even considering that, my pelican cases stay in my closet. Before I had a rifle mount in my patrol car, I carried it in a semi rigid soft case in the trunk. Pretty rough place for any piece of gear to be. Never had a problem.

The only time I use them now is when I travel with my rifles by aircraft.