GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pet peeves

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
Thought I would start this to see if I am alone when it comes to these things that drive me absolutely freaking crazy, or if I am just super OCD :paddle:

1. Left lane hogs. Ugh, I want to shoot an RPG into every one of them. Move the **** over. It's simple courtesy. Flashing my lights is not an attack on your existence, I simply want you to follow the rules of the road.

2. Close parkers. You know the ones. You park eight spots from any cars, come back twenty minutes later and someone is parked directly beside you with several spots empty all around.

3. Lane cloggers. When you're in a store, or going through an entranceway or something... And a group people are standing there, in the middle, talking away, scolding their kids, blabbing on the phone, completely oblivious to anyone elses presence. Again, get the hell out of the way.

Just seems people don't have any etiquette or common courtesy anymore?

Any others?

Scharf

When I'm in the right lane and someone darts in front of the line of traffic to turn right. This is when no one is behind me.

It accomplishes nothing besides pissing me off.

MagicChic

GolfMKV Madame
Oh boy...with waitressing, there's tons of things I hate.

1.) People that order ice water with like 8 lemons so they can make their own 'lemonade'. Don't be cheap. I, will charge you for those lemons.

2.) Talking on your cell phone and ignoring me when I am trying to take your order. I am on a time schedule & have about 20 other things I have to do right at that moment. You're wasting my time, and my energy by doing this.

3.) When I come up and say "Hi, how are you today?", and people answer me with "Diet Coke." it makes me want to bitchslap you. Be courteous...remember, I am serving your food & drink to you...you're better off being nice to me.

4.) People that insist on having their strollers sitting at the end of their tables on a busy Friday night. Put your kid in a booster seat, or in a highchair and fold the thing up and put it off to the side, or better yet, leave it in your car. Leaving your kid in the stroller in the middle of the aisle is a safety hazard. Don't try to sue me when I trip over your bulky stroller and drop a sizziling hot skillet on your kids' face.

5.) Camels. Yeah, you people that GULP your drink down as soon as I get it for you so everytime I come by your table, you're in immediate need of a refill.

6.) Table hoppers. When I seat you at a specific table or booth, I am doing it for a reason. Do not take it upon yourself to move to another table/booth because you don't 'approve' of the one I just sat you at. Restaurants go in ROTATIONS with our servers. If we just sat one server, that has 5 other tables, and you happen to like a booth that is in their section and move to it, you're going to severely put that server behind because they can't keep up with having to run their food, take the orders, put the orders in the computer, get drinks/appetizers/soups/salads (majority of the time, all of the above.)on top of having to worry about being double sat. There's a lot of servers that can't handle more than 3 tables at once. So, just trust your host/hostess with where they seat you. They're really putting you in the section that is going to give you timely service.

7.) Pricing everything. Asking me how much EVERYTHING on the menu costs. It says it on the damn menu. I have a lot of things to remember, and prices are not one of them. Read the menu.

8.) Squatters. These are the people that order their food, are done eating, and sitting there with the check on the end of the table and just talk....for HOURS. It's especially annoying when you are my last table for the lunch shift, and I have to start working the dinner shift again in 15 minutes and haven't even had a chance to eat, sit down, or even pee for the past 4 hours and can't do that until you pay. If you're gonna sit for awhile, just pay it and I will not come back to your table, promise.

9.) Poor tippers. 20% tip now-a-days is just expected for average service. 25%-50% for excellent service. 20% now, was the 15% before. I know the economy sucks right now, but hey, we're suffering too. Remember, we get paid $2.83 per hour. We don't give a damn about our paycheck, we need the tips. That goes for foreigners too. When you come to America, it is standard to TIP your waiter/waitress! I know most places overseas don't expect to get tips because the gratuity is already included, or it's just not custom to tip. Here, it is. I've been screwed over on HIGH checks numerous times since my restaurant is connected to a business hotel.

10.) Bitchers. People that complain about EVERYTHING, usually to try to get something for free. If you're going to complain about something, it's perfectly okay to do so, just don't yell at me and blame me because your burger doesn't taste good to you. And don't cause a scene. Simply say, in a normal tone "Miss, this just doesn't taste right to me. May I please order something different or could you please take this off my bill?" If you're nice to me, I'll be extra sure to make sure you're taken care of. Oh, and don't EAT the entire thing and then tell me it tastes like shit. If it was that bad, you wouldn't have eaten it.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I feel better. lol. Sorry for the long rant. I could keep going, but will end it there. :D

PRIUS DRIVERS.
Any other Hybrid car drivers.
Eco-friendly tree fuckers.
Anti-marijuana...people.

Oh and cops.

Last edited:

mkvtg37

women = cunts
excellent words of wisdom magic, i try to follow this everytime i go out to eat. my best friend was a waitress so i try to be as courteous as i can when im out.

lets see.... pet peeves...

1) people who cannot park worth a goddamn.

2) meter maids

3) traffic cops

4) when i fly by people on the freeway going the speed limit and they look at me like i am out of my mind

5) austin, tx drivers

6) slowing to a crawl to get off the freeway

7) slowing to a crawl to get on the freeway

8) people that see a cop and slam on their brakes when they drive past

9) mccain palin supporters

10) people who honestly think gay marriage is a threat to society

11) people who take up 1 1/2 - 2 spots at parrallel parking spaces

12) fat, lazy people

13) frat boys, sorority girls

i will add more to this thread tomorrow.

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
Oh boy...with waitressing, there's tons of things I hate.

9.) Poor tippers. 20% tip now-a-days is just expected for average service. 25%-50% for excellent service. 20% now, was the 15% before. I know the economy sucks right now, but hey, we're suffering too. Remember, we get paid $2.83 per hour. We don't give a damn about our paycheck, we need the tips. That goes for foreigners too. When you come to America, it is standard to TIP your waiter/waitress! I know most places overseas don't expect to get tips because the gratuity is already included, or it's just not custom to tip. Here, it is. I've been screwed over on HIGH checks numerous times since my restaurant is connected to a business hotel.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I feel better. lol. Sorry for the long rant. I could keep going, but will end it there. :D

$2.83/hour? wow that sucks... When you first stated 50% tip for excellent service I was like what the hell, but now I understand why you would expect that. In Canada, waitresses get minimum wage, or atleast very close to it in my knowledge, so I would never tip more than 15-25%...

Anyways, I have a random pet peeve: When people make anoying noises with their mouths or something.

rcnu71299

Ready to race!
I absolutely hate words spelled incorrectly or not used in their correct meaning.

Examples:

their - related to possession (i.e. They picked up their car from the shop)

there - related to location (i.e. The car is parked over there)

they're - contraction; means they are (i.e. They're going to the movies tomorrow)

The browser has a built in spell-checker. If you're not sure how to spell a word, right-click on it and there will be suggestions on how it's spelled. Don't just put "anonomus (sp?)." There's a very simple solution to this problem.

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
People who order pizza for delivery 3 minutes before we close then tip me $1, I really depend on tips considering my pay is only $4 an hour.

People who don't use their turn signals

Slow/incompetent drivers

People who park right against my door when there are plenty of other spaces

Running out of Yoo-hoo

Last edited:

schreckles

Ready to race!
Georgia (specifically Augusta) cops. Fuckers keep breaking up our car meets on Friday/Saturday nights even when we AREN'T doing anything illegal. There is no reason to bring EIGHT FUCKING COP CARS to the tint shop (at which we have the owner's permission to hang out as long as we clean up after ourselves and stay legal) to tell us to leave or go to jail. Freedom to assemble, fuckers.

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Wow, i see why you guys get cars so cheap now! you don't get payed sweet F.A!

If someone offered me a job for sub $5 i'd lol at their face!

I get 4 times that as a sales assistant!

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, it's just my observation; You guys get stuff cheaper, but get payed less... feel free to correct me if i'm wrong!

O.T! My pet peeve, people going under the speed limit (ahhhh die die die!)

People that blatantly speed/break traffic rules and NEVER get caught, and i DO! :frown:

/end rant

mkvtg37

women = cunts
Georgia (specifically Augusta) cops. Fuckers keep breaking up our car meets on Friday/Saturday nights even when we AREN'T doing anything illegal. There is no reason to bring EIGHT FUCKING COP CARS to the tint shop (at which we have the owner's permission to hang out as long as we clean up after ourselves and stay legal) to tell us to leave or go to jail. Freedom to assemble, fuckers.

thats crazy. sure am glad cops are breaking up legal car meets and not stopping robbers, muggers, rapists, and serious crimes.

new one for today: taking classes that in no way will affect my future.

kev24k

Go Kart Champion

I don't tip unless it is deserved. I believe that people have been TOO NICE when it comes to tipping, and the entire industry has been slacking because of this. If there is a waiter who is doing a shitty job night after night and still getting his 15%, why would he change? If people grew balls and didn't tip the asshole, I'm pretty sure he would either quit/start performing better. Personally I tip a penny for a terrible job. 15%-20% for average, and 30+% for a great job. I'm not a charity. I don't give money out for free.

smashingpimp01

Back on L.I.
20% is not a normal tip. 18% is an average tip. If the waitress is good, i'll give 20%. If they are really good are really nice i'll give anywhere between 25-30%.
Why the hell do you think you should be getting 40-50% tips? lol. You're not a bartender. You cart food around, be happy with 18%, don't state that 20% is the minimum.
Sorry, people who bitch annoy me, chalk that up as a pet peeve i guess :)