GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Picked up a used Wrangler

plac

GTI Master
Picked up a used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

-16,000 miles. I got it from a dealer for more than $3000 less than KBB private party FAIR condition. In fact, I got it for the median KBB trade in value. It could not be passed up. All the other 2007 Wranglers for sale were the bottom trim X models, had double the milage at least, and they were all $2000-$3000 more than this one. Nuff said on my deal. First time since 1997 I have been above water on a vehicle. And I'm $8k above water.

-I am very glad I bought used instead of new. I dont worry about blemishes, and it has a couple minor scratches already. We've had a 2006 and 1993 Jeep also. This is the nicest one by far.

-Sahara trim comes with 18" alloys with 32" tires. Really fat look, the Jeep fenders are higher than the 2009 Xterra 4x4 next to it.

-New V6 engine. Incredible. Only rated slightly higher than the straight 6, with torque coming on a bit later. But its the smoothest V6 I've felt in my life. Not short on power at ALL. 1rst gear is strong and takes you to 20-25, 2nd,3rd,4th are all power gears. 5th and 6th are a lotmore sedated for highway cruising and gas mileage. My average mileage for all CITY for 2-3 days is 19mpg average.

-Huge 18-19 gallon fuel tank. Only requires 87 octane. I rarely got above 300 miles per tank on the GTI. The distance left computer on the Jeep with my first fillup showed 360 miles left. Although it costs more to fill it up, I can def appreciate longer intervals between fillups.

-6 speed manual transmission. Very tricky clutch to learn on if you were new at driving. Lets up very high at top. I would not teach anyone to drive manual in this. However, The shifting is like butter. I've never felt a tranny so smooth through the gears.

-Freedom hardtop. This is the best of both worlds. The two panels above the seats are removable, to have a huge sunroof effect. Then you just reinstall them for rain or when you need cover, enabling a much quieter ride.

-Suspension. this is NOTHING like the ride of our 2006 Wrangler Sport. It is 10X smoother. Doesnt even feel like a Jeep really. Some purists might not like that, but that is exactly what I was looking for. It is far more comfortable to drive in, and doesnt bang you along the road.

-Stereo. Best OEM I've ever heard. I'm most excited about this feature. Its an Infinity package or something, around 370 watts. 7 speakers. 2 dash tweets, 2 lower dash 6", 2 6" in speaker bar above the seats, and a sub in the rear. It blends far better than any OEM should. It is better than anything I EVER tried in my GTI. Dead serious.

Couldnt take any pics this weekend, too busy driving with the tops off. But just one to give you an idea.

Last edited:

plac

GTI Master
mines better.

Last edited:

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
Nice. Congrats. My parents have a '08 wrangler unlimited sahara. It's a pretty sweet vehicle. The only things I don't like about it is the four speed automatic and the v6 is kind of underpowered.

plac

GTI Master

Last edited:

Big A

Smoked dem cigarettes
youre making me want one! the interior is horrid though. looks like a shitty rental car on the inside

plac

GTI Master
interior feels a lot better than it looks. super comfortable. way more so than my gti was.

not much lined up, gotta recover financially for a bit..

upgraded the oem stereo with a higher oem stereo yesterday, which includes integrated SIRIUS. Its all built into the deck, including the SAT tuner. I just have to add an antenna kit when it arrives in a few days. Picked up the deck as a takeout part for $325 shipped overnight. A new one would have cost $550 and its just not worth it since its a used Jeep.

have some nice Tread Lightly floor mats coming, special bags to hold my T-tops when they are removed.

already gave it a rundown with my new Porter Cable polisher. Just some Zaino to start with. I'll get some different polishes and pads later and do a deeper job. (Pics were taken before the polishing.)

The stereo is so awesome I am pulling out CDs i havent listened to in years to try them out. I dont have to lower the treble in this oem deck, and its the first time in history..

The 2 door manual is just fast enough.. i can imagine the 4 door being a real dog with tons of extra weight, especially if it was an automatic. But my setup is plenty fast for me, and just enough to keep me out of trouble.

plac

GTI Master
Nice, so you traded in your 09 GTI for this?

ya. im pretty sick of VW's at this point. I've had 4 since 2004, all bought new. (and 4-5 other cars since then also.) i've had my fill and want to try other flavors now.

Scharf

Now you can take the doors off and get some air on your balls.

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
The 2 door manual is just fast enough.. i can imagine the 4 door being a real dog with tons of extra weight, especially if it was an automatic. But my setup is plenty fast for me, and just enough to keep me out of trouble.

Yeah. I think it's mainly the automatic transmission's fault that ours is so slow. A modern 6 speed auto in that thing would surely help lots. But still, a few more hp wouldn't hurt lol When going up this hill on the highway once, I had the pedal to the floor and the thing was going steadily up the hill at less than 120km/hr (~75mph) haha

patrick_irwin

Go Kart Champion
Man, you're going to get the fever like I did when I had a jeep. There is so much you can do to them. and they are super easy to work on. I had a 1995 YJ. I loved it to death. I got it stock. I lifted it 6" put some 35" BF M/T's. 4.1 gears in the rear. full exhaust. Intake. hurst shifter. Wheels. CV drive shafts. High Center skid plate. The only problem was that it didnt have carpet. but it was rhino lined on the inside. and it leaked coolant. It only got stuck once in the mud and the mud was up the bottom of the doors. enjoy the jeep. wish i still had mine

DO A HEMI SWAP!

but the up side the dumb ass dodge dealership bought it for almost 3x what i paid for it and I only put 2k into the car.

plac

GTI Master
Man, you're going to get the fever like I did when I had a jeep. There is so much you can do to them. and they are super easy to work on. I had a 1995 YJ. I loved it to death. I got it stock. I lifted it 6" put some 35" BF M/T's. 4.1 gears in the rear. full exhaust. Intake. hurst shifter. Wheels. CV drive shafts. High Center skid plate. The only problem was that it didnt have carpet. but it was rhino lined on the inside. and it leaked coolant. It only got stuck once in the mud and the mud was up the bottom of the doors. enjoy the jeep. wish i still had mine

DO A HEMI SWAP!

but the up side the dumb ass dodge dealership bought it for almost 3x what i paid for it and I only put 2k into the car.

i had a 93 YJ. I Herculined it and then put the carpet back in. It stuck better. There's pics of it in some thread on this forum somewhere..