GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Plastic Ramps

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
Im installing my exhaust this weekend and was going to pick up a set of ramps. Advanced has these ( http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...MP-Rhino-Gear_10157441-P_N3400_T|GRP2042_____ ). Should I trust them? To me it seems like a better option than a jack and jack stands but plastic holding up my car with me under sounds a little sketchy, although they do say up to 12,000 pounds. What do you suggest? Im not trying to kill myself over an exhaust.

Edit: will these raise the car enough to install comfortably?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
They are better than jacks or jackstands. I have been using mine for the last 8 yrs or so. GTI is pretty light also so it shouldn't be a problem.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
I have some similar ones, and I really prefer the plastic to the old metal ones. Much lighter, so easier to shove up into storage.

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
I'm pretty sure I have the same ones and have used them for exhaust install. You'll find it's somewhat of a pain to get to the sleeve clamp, but it's possible. I would use them more often, but I can't get my car on them now that I have coilovers.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
The thing I don't like about ramps is actually driving the car up on them, it's terrifying!

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
Alright. Its settled then. Ill go pick up a set.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I have them and love. I put the front up on ramps and the rear on jack stands. I completed my TBE system install in 3 hrs. You will like them.

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
How long do you think itll take for me to do the Cat back? Ive never taken the stock one off so im expecting everything to be a little stiff :lol:

A_Bowers

How long do you think itll take for me to do the Cat back? Ive never taken the stock one off so im expecting everything to be a little stiff :lol:

Kroil or pb blaster. That will help you immensely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
I use a set for oil changes too. Get a spotter to help guide you up them the first couple of times.

A_Bowers

I use a set for oil changes too. Get a spotter to help guide you up them the first couple of times.

My trick is, back the car out of the garage half way, put the ramps under the front wheels, lined up perfectly, then drive up the Ramps. No spotter needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD