GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

POLE- Is it bad to drive my car?

Do you drive your car?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
I can't help it. I don't have to bring it out in salt and sand. It's just painful to see corrosive substances coat my car... :yikes:

#NotAShowCar

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I can't help it. I don't have to bring it out in salt and sand. It's just painful to see corrosive substances coat my car... :yikes:

I'll take a picture of my car tomorrow morning.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I've had my car for over four months and driven under 2k miles.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
when i lived in germany i would go cruising on back roads every weekend for roughly 100+ kilometers or so.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
NO, it's always in the garage. My car is too pretty to release into the wild.

Seriously though, I may have a problem... Doesn't get driven in salt or sand at all, and barely over 6,000 miles since last February...

trev i am dissapoint

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Well, I'm currently sitting it, warming it up a bit out on the driveway...

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Eh, if I could avoid driving a car in salt and sand, I would.

But, living in reality, you do drive it.

We've been over this. VW rustproofing is very robust. I've driven all my VW's year round, through Chicago winters, for almost 30 years total, and none of them rusted. My 'Rocco got one tiny spot on the left front fender about as big as your your thumbprint. My other 2 have ZERO rust spots.

Well, I'm currently sitting it, warming it up a bit out on the driveway...

Psycho.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
But, living in reality, you do drive it.

We've been over this. VW rustproofing is very robust. I've driven all my VW's year round, through Chicago winters, for almost 30 years total, and none of them rusted. My 'Rocco got one tiny spot on the left front fender about as big as your your thumbprint. My other 2 have ZERO rust spots.

Maybe I'm looking at my friend's 1998 Mercedes-Benz E320... The corrosion is brutal with those cars, along with the biodegradable wiring harnesses... :yikes:

All the power seat buttons move the seat bottom forward :laugh:

:threadjacked:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

Like when I got salt on it the other week and hosed my car down at night because it was right above freezing? I was standing out in the cold, carefully hosing my wheel wells and car off... I wonder what the neighbors think.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Maybe I'm looking at my friend's 1998 Mercedes-Benz E320... The corrosion is brutal with those cars, along with the biodegradable wiring harnesses... :yikes:

All the power seat buttons move the seat bottom forward :laugh:

:threadjacked:

That's surprising. My 1999 Mk4 is still absolutely, completely rust free. 16 years. Sometimes it's not even garaged at night. My brother's old Mk4 Jetta was rust free after 14 years before he traded it in on a Mk6 JSW TDI. You have nothing to worry about.

Like when I got salt on it the other week and hosed my car down at night because it was right above freezing? I was standing out in the cold, carefully hosing my wheel wells and car off... I wonder what the neighbors think.

Psycho.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion