GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Police Shooting in Bridgeton, NJ

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Discuss:

BRIDGETON, N.J. — Another police killing is stirring anger in another town, this time in New Jersey, where a tense traffic stop captured on video ended with a passenger shot to death as he stepped out of a car with his hands raised at shoulder height.

The newly released footage from a police dashboard camera shows Bridgeton officers Braheme Days and Roger Worley in a Dec. 30 stop that escalates quickly after Days warns his partner about seeing a gun in the glove compartment of the Jaguar.
Days screams over and over at the passenger, Jerame Reid, “Show me your hands!” and “If you reach for something, you’re going to be f—— dead!” The officer appears to reach into the car and remove the gun. But the brief standoff ends with Reid disregarding Days’ order to not move, stepping out and getting shot.

The shooting has touched off protests in Bridgeton, a struggling city of about 25,000 people — two-thirds of them black or Hispanic — 35 miles from Philadelphia. The case came after months of turbulent demonstrations and violence over the killings of unarmed black men by white police officers in New York and Ferguson, Missouri.

Days is black, his partner white. The passenger was black, as was the driver.
Both officers have been placed on leave while the Cumberland County prosecutor’s office investigates.

Activists are calling on the prosecutor to transfer the case to the state attorney general. County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McCrae has disqualified herself from the case because she knows Days. First Assistant Prosecutor Harold Shapiro would not comment on the investigation Wednesday.

“The video speaks for itself that at no point was Jerame Reid a threat and he possessed no weapon on his person,” said Walter Hudson, chair and founder of the civil rights group the National Awareness Alliance. “He complied with the officer and the officer shot him.”

Reid, 36, had spent about 13 years in prison for shooting at New Jersey State Police troopers when he was a teenager. He
was also arrested last year on charges including drug possession and obstruction; Days was one of the arresting officers then.

The video was released through open records requests from the South Jersey Times and the Press of Atlantic City.

The officers had pulled over the Jaguar for rolling through a stop sign, and the encounter starts friendly. But Days suddenly steps back, pulls his gun and tells the men, “Show me your hands.” Days tells his partner there is a gun in the glove compartment and then appears to reach in and remove a handgun.

The driver, Leroy Tutt, is seen showing his hands atop the open window on his side of the car. It’s not clear what Reid is doing, though Days repeatedly warns him not to move during the standoff of less than two minutes.
“I’m going to shoot you!” Days shouts, referring to Reid at one point by his first name. “You’re going to be … dead! If you reach for something, you’re going to be … dead!”
“I ain’t got no reason to reach for nothing, bro. I ain’t got no reason to reach for nothing,” Reid says as Days continues to yell to his partner that Reid is reaching for something.

Someone then says, “I’m getting out and getting on the ground,” but Days yells at Reid not to move.
The passenger door pops open and Reid emerges. His hands are at about shoulder height and appear to be empty. As he steps out, the officers fire at least six shots.

After the shooting, there are shouts from people in the area, and other police and emergency vehicles arrive.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
black man unarmed and police shoots him. WOW, stupid cop is stupid, I hope god will do something to the cop and perhaps lose his job and ends up being a janitor.

edit: gun on glovebox

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Fking idiot... why didn't he follow directions?!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
black man unarmed and police shoots him. WOW, stupid cop is stupid, I hope god will do something to the cop and perhaps lose his job and ends up being a janitor.

edit: gun on glovebox
:bellyroll:
Reid, 36, had spent about 13 years in prison for shooting at New Jersey State Police troopers when he was a teenager. He was also arrested last year on charges including drug possession and obstruction; Days was one of the arresting officers then.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Fking idiot... why didn't he follow directions?!

This is what I thought. In the video the cop keeps saying "No you're not", to Reid saying "I'm getting out of the car"

This guy was a career criminal who shot cops before and they found a gun in the glovebox.

Notice how the driver followed directions and he lived to see tomorrow.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yes, Max, anyone arrested in the past deserves to be shot. Nicely done.

Yea he is "anyone" totally innocent dude just minding his business going to a local Froyo spot to get the latest scoop of ice cream.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Yes, Max, anyone arrested in the past deserves to be shot. Nicely done.

I don't think that's what Max meant. But, this guy WAS a career criminal and the officer who shot him had arrested him prior, and knew him on a first name basis.

The fact that the officer knew what the man was capable of or what he has done in the past was probably why he reacted the way he did. The officer repeatedly told him to not move and keep his hands up and he chose to fight the officer by opening the door and "getting out" when the officer kept saying "No you're not".

The cop did not say "get out and lay down".

Again, these cops did not kill both driver & passenger. Notice how one complied and the other did not.

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Why is it so hard for people to just do what an officer says?
If an armed officer is ordering you to stay where you are, why is it automatically a good idea to do the exact opposite and get out of the car? Or better yet, why is it a good idea to keep advancing towards an armed officer that is ordering you to halt?

Lets observe..

Driver? Complied with the officer and did not move. Alive? Yes.
Passenger? Did not comply with the officer when he was told not once but multiple times to stay where he was. Alive? No.

Now, we have a man who did not do what he was ordered to do which resulted in an officer doing what he thought was right, and Nancy Grace is going to blast him on national news calling him the worst disgrace to America since Benedict Arnold while displaying cute baby/youth photos of the man who was shot.

Dejavu..

EDIT: Never did I state that the officer in question was in fact justified in his actions. I am simply stating a fact. Regardless of whether or not the officer was right or wrong, if the man had complied with the orders given to him, he would not have been shot.

Last edited:

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Let's just shoot all people who commit crimes. Brilliant.

See, that would work.. but we no longer blame people for the crimes they commit.. we blame the "Hoodies" they were wearing when they committed the crime. :thumbsup:

razr390

Go Kart Champion
See, that would work.. but we no longer blame people for the crimes they commit.. we blame the "Hoodies" they were wearing when they committed the crime. :thumbsup:

He was being sarcastic and he did not even acknowledge our responses.

Dude, does thedude4gree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
He was being sarcastic and he did not even acknowledge our responses.

Dude, does thedude4gree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol so was I. That whole hoodie thing is the dumbest crap ive seen in a long damn time.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
you guys really can't think that was justified can you? I don't care if he didn't listen to the cops orders. Until he put somoenes life in danger (which he didnt from what I can see) No shooting would be justified. I'm sure those pigs had a taser or some other non lethal device that could have made a take down pretty easily. And he would have been charged with a resisting orders charge which would have been fitting. 6 Shots fired? Come on. Get your head out of your ass, that's completely abusing their power - justified murder and you guys agree with it.