GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

POLL: Whats your best 5k time (running)?

Whats your best 5k time (running)?

• im still on the couch, go get me a beer!

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • 25 minutes

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 24 minutes

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 23 minutes

• 22 minutes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21 minutes

• 20 minutes

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 19 minutes

• 18 minutes

• 17 minutes or below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
fak that, after high school the only place I was running was the rest room. Don't get me wrong I stay active, love gym and playing sports from time to time and I specially like biking but running is something that I can't get into now.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
5Ks are fun runs
I don't time them, usually pre game before them

Especially the beer and burger 5K

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion

Had a slow run this morning

TDI110

O_o
I can do it in a hair over 5min/km, after 5km I start taking it easy and just enjoy the return run.

Attachments

• IMG_4097.PNG
    IMG_4097.PNG
    100.9 KB · Views: 136

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Here's one of my better runs when I was in Vancouver in the fall. I usually average around 4:50/km.

sboskov

Ready to race!
I hated running for the longest, but two years ago I started on an indoor track and got into it really. If you hate it, AVOID treadmills; even now I love running but when I get on a treadmill I just want to get off of it before I even start. Running is all about seeing the progress, when you see how far you made it, it just helps keep you pushing to keep going.

I'm somewhere around 20-21 mins for a 5k right now. I know I could got a little faster per mile but whenever I run anywhere near 6 mins/mile my knees start acting up, I'm pretty sure it's tendinitis. It sucks but yeah.

Seriously start running every day, even if it's for 5 mins, force yourself for a few days and you'll just end up loving it, especially once you're done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDI110

O_o
I hated running for the longest, but two years ago I started on an indoor track and got into it really. If you hate it, AVOID treadmills; even now I love running but when I get on a treadmill I just want to get off of it before I even start. Running is all about seeing the progress, when you see how far you made it, it just helps keep you pushing to keep going.

I'm somewhere around 20-21 mins for a 5k right now. I know I could got a little faster per mile but whenever I run anywhere near 6 mins/mile my knees start acting up, I'm pretty sure it's tendinitis. It sucks but yeah.

Seriously start running every day, even if it's for 5 mins, force yourself for a few days and you'll just end up loving it, especially once you're done.

I don't know if it's tendinitis, but I notice when I pick up the pace a little bit on my usual routes, mainly street or paved path along the Mosel, my knees start acting up as well.

However, when I go on my forest paths at around the same pace nothing hurts. I came to the conclusion that it's the paved paths' fault for a lot of pain in the knees and lower back, whereas forest paths where the surface is softer and absorbs the impact of my foot on the surface ( or outdoor soccer field) makes things better.

If your knee hurts on all surfaces at the pace mentioned above then it really might be what you say.

Cheers, ;)

sboskov

Ready to race!
I don't know if it's tendinitis, but I notice when I pick up the pace a little bit on my usual routes, mainly street or paved path along the Mosel, my knees start acting up as well.

However, when I go on my forest paths at around the same pace nothing hurts. I came to the conclusion that it's the paved paths' fault for a lot of pain in the knees and lower back, whereas forest paths where the surface is softer and absorbs the impact of my foot on the surface ( or outdoor soccer field) makes things better.

If your knee hurts on all surfaces at the pace mentioned above then it really might be what you say.

Cheers, ;)

Well I had tendinitis before a few years back and had to stop running and ever since then whenever I picked up my speed I noticed the same pain coming back so that's how I came to that conclusion haha. Either way a slower run is still fun, but being able to see your time improve gives you so much more motivation

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I need an option for like 27 or 29minutes :iono:

while eating pizza.