GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Polo GTI

jhelm85

Passed Driver's Ed
LYet another cool car by VW not sold in the US :-/ I saw this on wired a few months ago, it has the 0-60 time of a Golf GTI, with the fuel economy of a larger hybrid.

wooo-hooo

jgs5607

Ready to race!
It would be nice to get one. But, I dont think they will bring it to the US.

Maybe not the GTI version, but the standard Polo is a good bet with other smaller cars going on sale soon (Ford Fiesta; Mazda 2 among others) and the new CAFE requirements coming in to play.

All of that technology costs and would make the car too pricey for the US market (same reason we do not get all of the GTI options available elsewhere)

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
I saw what I presume was a GT Polo today pretty nice looking

pvivino

Ready to race!
the polo has been around a long time.

its pretty small

The Polo is the same dimensions as a MkI Rabbit/GTI. It is almost 700 lbs lighter than a Golf GTI and if it comes with a 1.4 Twincharger it has 178 horsepower. That gives it about the same power to weight ratio as a US GTI with Stage I ECU Flash.

I think the car is a little plain looking (both interior and exterior) compared with US Golf GTI.

Here is the Aussie Polo Brochure:

http://www.volkswagen.com.au/etc/me...f.Par.0039.File.pdf/Polo brochure 10_2008.pdf

vdub10golf

Go Kart Champion
although this would be a little too small for me, I absolutely love this car! I wish they'd bring it over here.

daihard

Ready to race!
Here's a YouTube video that shows the Polo GTI...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw3MEPoIVeU

Looks very nice! The interior looks very similar to that of the MKVI (Golf) GTI. Besides, the Polo GTI's got that leading-edge 1.4 TSI (twin-charger) engine. I'd love to own one if at all possible.

daihard

Ready to race!
The polo gti rips in straights against the gti stock for stock. Wicked little cars they are.

Wow, that sounds amazing. I'd also like to try its 7-speed dry-clutch DSG.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Its a nice looking car.... I dont know how practical it may be but its a good looking polo

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
I saw one today used for 10,250 GBP..

SteveP

Ready to race!
^^^ That will be the previous model with the 1.8t engine.

I saw the new one in the flesh in Germany earlier this year and it was veer very nice

Also saw them rag them around the ring with pro drivers and they seriously shifted.