GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Porsche 911 Turbo vs. Gt3 vs. other exotics.

Maximum6

FASTER
I was looking at these fast cars out of boredom for the last week.

I have a few questions though.

My dad wants to get a Gt3 rs. I know its a great track car and all but I don't think its very user friendly as a daily driver. So I told him about the Gt3 (note he knows more about cars than I do). He said NOOoo Gt3 RS.

Then along the way I found 911 Turbo. Saw some vids on youtube as well. Vids of it beating lambos on highways. The fact that it had a great mpg for a sports car, a Torque overboost button, packing 480hp and 460lb ft torque,
4wd...I was amazed.

Just wondering though, Gt3 or 911 Turbo, which is the better overall as a daily driver?

I know Gt3 will probably be a better track car and 911 Turbo will probably be better on straights.

Another question is what super cars out there can Porsche beat? or Porsche can't beat?

I was arguing with a friend of mine about luxury sports cars and I told him about how great porsche was. Then he said that it doesn't have the luxury interior that other cars can get for the price + performance..bmw m6 for instance.

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Better daily driver is a 911 Turbo. The GT3 has been made more civilized than the previous model.

There are tons of supercars that can beat Porsche, however very few, if at all, can match it's overall package. The combination between luxury, performance, and easy to live with factor.

Prehaps he should wait for the GT2, which should be out soon, I can look up the dates if the sources I normally go to have them.

Furthermore, the facelifts 997's are scheduled to come out soon, that too is another factor I would take into consideration.

Either way, between a GT3, GT3RS, and Turbo, you cannot go wrong. He could get a R8, some test suggest it is slightly faster around tracks than a Turbo.

Maximum6

FASTER
R8 is an alright car.

I think my dad is interested in BMW, Porsche(mostly), Lotus, then Lambo.
He never mentioned anything about Ferrari.
He knew about the Gt2 before I did. About the facelift though I have no idea. I've seen spied photos of the Gt2. If that is the new facelift I'm not VERY impressed.

I'm guessing the Gt3 is basically a 911 turbo w/o 4wd, backseats, and the turbo.

And this is where I ask why they don't put a turbo in the Gt3.

I'm assuming this is why they're coming out with the Gt2?

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Carrera / s Carrera 2 / s = Base Model
Carrera 4 / s = Carrera 2 With 4WD
Targa 4 / s = Carrera 4 with Glass Roof
Turbo = Carrera 4 With Turbo
GT2 = Carrera 2 With Turbo and some extra modification
GT3 = Race Speced Carrera 2
GT3RS / CS = Stripped Down Race Specced GT3

Hope that makes sense. The facelifht should have led tail lights at the back, and a few other minor adjustments. As far as interior wise goes, I have no idea.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
for the best daily driving experience and the true porsche feel (rear wheel drive), i'd say save some money and go for a Carerra S

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
for the best daily driving experience and the true porsche feel (rear wheel drive), i'd say save some money and go for a Carerra S

Yeah that's probably the best route about it, Carrera S with the X73 suspension kit, and X51 powerkit. Near Turbo like performance, but you have rear wheel drive.

Some have argued that the new turbo feels numb :\