GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Procrastination: "parts you got in the mail years ago and still didn't do to to your GTI today"

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
The problem with using that theory and then using the “insert” only version does the same thing… since the full engine side bfi mount has much less movements and zero voids vs the insert only being and piece of poly at the bottom of the mount, the front back and top are still rubber/air voids.
Figured. Alright. I'll buy the trans mount when I'm back.

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
I have SOME knockoff (ebay) parts that have been collecting dust since the winter. A carbon fiber front lip and mirror caps, also some dynamic led turn signal markers.

O and I can't forget , an is38 turbo I picked up about a month ago🙄

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
H&R front sway bar, veltsport engine/trans mounts, and eurosport camber kit. Waiting until I have the clutch replaced to have everything done at the same time. Might throw an intercooler into the mix as well.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Man I can’t stand having parts lying around. Most I install the weekend following when they arrive. I think the longest I have ever had a part sitting was a week and a half which was a rear sway bar that I was waiting for endlinks to arrive.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Not years, but months, stainless steel clutch line. Should have done it when I did the brakes, didn't. Now it sits

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
None. I don't wait to install parts that I order. As soon as I get them I am installing as soon as I can or scheduling a date and time with my mechanic. Why would you guys wait so long???

Agreed. I'm like a kid at Christmas when car parts arrive. They go on immediately, unless something else important prevents me.

Work does not fall into that category 🤣

Everything that comes in goes in the car quick. I dunno how y’all do it

Ageeed. See above.

We need to combine this thread with member list by state, have some install parties.

I'm only good at losing 10mm sockets, but happy to bring drinks and food

Say it all the time. My garage (and tool box and spare set of hands) is open and available to anyone who wants to come to RI whenever. Done plenty with @dtfd and he can attest I'm not a serial killer and I like to think I'm fun to hang out with. Probably going to have an intercooler (FMIC, of course) install party with @messrock soon.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Agreed. I'm like a kid at Christmas when car parts arrive. They go on immediately, unless something else important prevents me.

Ageeed. See above.

Say it all the time. My garage (and tool box and spare set of hands) is open and available to anyone who wants to come to RI whenever. Done plenty with @dtfd and he can attest I'm not a serial killer and I like to think I'm fun to hang out with. Probably going to have an intercooler (FMIC, of course) install party with @messrock soon.
It's true. Thanks to Acadia I don't have anything to contribute to this thread (for now).

and he's never tried to kill me! Though I know not to ask about the "secret room"

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I needed to read this thread. I know now im not alone. Unfinished projects, parts filling up my closet.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG

Ageeed. See above.

I mean, I’m willing to try new things.

cb1111

I bought aspherical mirrors before I bought the car. A year later, they are sitting in the box - in part because I don't know which car to put them on - mine or my wife's.

I bought them because I was used to big mirrors and thought I'd hate the small mirrors - but I got used to them pretty quickly.

If I put them on one car, then I have to put it on the other - we swap cars frequently to even out the mileage and since the interiors are identical and the seat positions are the same, it makes it pretty simple.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
I bought aspherical mirrors before I bought the car. A year later, they are sitting in the box - in part because I don't know which car to put them on - mine or my wife's.

I bought them because I was used to big mirrors and thought I'd hate the small mirrors - but I got used to them pretty quickly.

If I put them on one car, then I have to put it on the other - we swap cars frequently to even out the mileage and since the interiors are identical and the seat positions are the same, it makes it pretty simple.
Time to buy another set!

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I know. I also know that the install is dead simple - I just have to get motivated to do it.
Only recently did these get on my radar, I'm gonna get a pair soon. I've always thought the stock mirrors could show a little more.

cb1111

Only recently did these get on my radar, I'm gonna get a pair soon. I've always thought the stock mirrors could show a little more.
Technically they are not legal, but I've not heard of cars failing in the commonwealth for this - but YMMV depending on where you go for your annual inspection.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Forge Turbo Blanket, mainly because I don't know how the f**k to install it. I have a set of brand new rear rotors and pads that I picked up off the classifieds here for a price too good to pass up, but I don't think that counts as my existing ones are still fine.