GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Proud New Owner of a 2013 GTI (San Diego)

FoxhoundGTI

Ready to race!
Hello everyone,

I gotta admit I am really excited about this one. Specially since my vehicle history has been so different in just 4 years.

4 years ago I needed a vehicle ASAP and so I bought my first hatchback (honda Civic ep3) and although i liked it, i felt like it was missing power like crazy, but my love for hatchbacks was born, a year later I moved up to an 04 Acura TSX, a little more power but much bigger, which was needed since I had a daughter, 2 years later I moved to San Diego and had to buy a truck (Ford F150) because it was needed, 2 kids and always hauling stuff, 6 months later I was sick of visiting the gas station every week and dropping $100 bones every time.

So I started to research, I knew I wanted a german made car, I was sick of American made specially after seeing the quality of the truck. I test drove an Eos (don't even know why I decided to do that) but was impressed with the quality and the power it had. Then I realized that maybe I should look into the hatchback model.

Went to the dealer and asked to see the GTI's but they only had a Golf R. So I test drove it, loved it, then I test drove a GTI and loved it even more since it fitted my lifestyle much more and was cheaper.

They only had one color available and so I decided to take it as I was getting a great deal.

2013 GTI Driver's Edition - Manual
0% APR for 72 months
USAA Discount $27,400
Plus the fee's

around $30,200 out the door. no money down. (the magic of excellent credit)

Anyways, I find myself thinking of things to do outside the house just so I can drive it. I freaking love this car. I know I told my wife I wouldn't do any mods, but they are so tempting. don't even know where to start.

Just wanted to introduce myself and hope to see some of you on the road. :happyanim:

flyguy27

Ready to race!
Nice pick up! Is that the Beacon in the background? Enjoy your ride. Get some VCDS tweaks done.

FoxhoundGTI

Ready to race!
the beacon? VCDS?

Thanks, I am so far. getting a lot of attention from other cars like civics, evo's, sti's, g35's, even a mini cooper was chasing me down on the highway.

flyguy27

Ready to race!
the beacon? VCDS?

Thanks, I am so far. getting a lot of attention from other cars like civics, evo's, sti's, g35's, even a mini cooper was chasing me down on the highway.

The building in the background reminds me of the Pacific Beacon on the Naval Base. Vcds is diagnostic software.

FoxhoundGTI

Ready to race!
The building in the background reminds me of the Pacific Beacon on the Naval Base. Vcds is diagnostic software.

yes that's in the naval base in front of the daycare :D

I am just learning the VW language so.. I'm guessing VCDS software is a tune?

flyguy27

Ready to race!
yes that's in the naval base in front of the daycare :D

I am just learning the VW language so.. I'm guessing VCDS software is a tune?

No its diag software that allows you to read problem codes and live data etc. It can also change parameters to enable cool features like rolling the windows up with the key fob. If you browse through the DIY threads, you will learn more.

FoxhoundGTI

Ready to race!
No its diag software that allows you to read problem codes and live data etc. It can also change parameters to enable cool features like rolling the windows up with the key fob. If you browse through the DIY threads, you will learn more.

yup, I was about to edit my post, but you beat me to it. I have been doing a lot of reading and I found it. However, it can be a little confusing as this forum has almost 4 years worth of information relating to 4 different year vehicles.

for instance, some people say not to install an intake while others say that it doesn't matter. Also some say that a forge blowoff valve kit is not good, while others say that they have it with no problems. :iono:

Thanks for the explanation though. :w00t:

jbetts1790

Ready to race!
Welcome and nice car! I've only had my GTI a month, but I love it! Take your time before you decide if you want to mod; there's tons of info to look through on the forum.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Welcome, im also in my first month of ownership. Picked mine up with apr stage 1..."I know I told my wife I wouldn't do any mods, but they are so tempting." you know you could do a drop in filter and stage 1 tune and she'd never know lol just hide that credit card statement. Hard to believe i actually enjoy my work commute now. Nice heated seats, good audio, extremely easy expressway overtaking. Also youll most likely be receiving the GTI drivers edition package in the mail soon. Enjoy and welcome again :thumbsup:

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
Welcome, im also in my first month of ownership. Picked mine up with apr stage 1..."I know I told my wife I wouldn't do any mods, but they are so tempting." you know you could do a drop in filter and stage 1 tune and she'd never know lol just hide that credit card statement. Hard to believe i actually enjoy my work commute now. Nice heated seats, good audio, extremely easy expressway overtaking. Also youll most likely be receiving the GTI drivers edition package in the mail soon. Enjoy and welcome again :thumbsup:

Welcome :D

FoxhoundGTI

Ready to race!
thanks everyone, almost totaled my brand new spanking GTI when some prick Prius owner merged rapidly onto my lane :mad:, I had to swerve quickly, downshift, floor it, then flick him lol .
I was quite impressed with the handling tho :clap:

I know one of you said to take it easy, but I really want to wake up this beast.

Should i got straight to stage 2? :D:burnrubber:

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Congrats very nice car. I'm not up to speed on what the "drivers" addition is though.

You have the nice rims and h.i.ds so I'm guessing it's on the higher end of the spectrum?

luv my dub76

Ready to race!
Congrats ,
My is 7 weeks old
No rush into nodding
Take your time

Love your Lagunas
Tried to change my ugly ass serrons , that only look good at night and from a far
Good luck with and enjoy that San Diego weather
Winter is coming here in ny

zsm722

Ready to race!
Congrats! I'm in University City. You can spot me from my all red taillights:)