GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PS3 v 360

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
Last night an esteemed member of my household passed away. My PS3. It seems to have had a system failure and the repair is the same as buying refurbished. Well, I'm now considering making the switch to 360 but figured I might as well get some input here. Im not exactly a hard core gamer. I mostly use it to pass the time without spending money going out every night. Aside from Call of Duty I dont do much online multiplayer and stick to mostly sports titles (Madden, The Show, etc..). I have 1080p TV's all over my house and the main dealbreaker right now is the PS3's bluray player. Any input is appreciated.

scooby103

Passed Driver's Ed
Game wise and online there is no comparison- Xbox hands down. If Blu-Ray is needed then you already answered your own question.

Sent on my Atrix using Tapatalk.

ricnet.se

Passed Driver's Ed
xbox crashes and gets rrod witch means not working so buy a PS3 for godsake

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
I figure the bluray isnt a pressing issue right now as I can pick up a player down the road for under $100. Im literally torn between the two. Xbox multiplayer is supposed to be much better compared to ps3 so I may do more of that, whereas the ps3's visuals are just incredible. I know they seem to be the same but I figure its like HDTV, you dont notice how much regular tv sucks until you see a game at your buddy's house in HD.

09vdubgti

Banned
I bought my sexbox like 4 years ago and its still working fine no issues, and I just got a ps3 yesterday for free (long story dont ask) and even though I only had it for one day so not a fair judgement, id still go with the xbox.

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
personally the PS3's interface is unclear and cluttered. Online it does lag behind the 360, but it is free. I am currently on my 3rd 360, I finally got upgraded to the Elite model which had a lower failure rate than the normal white models. Despite that little issue, I do prefer the 360. You pay a little more in the end, but the online experience is clean.

K DUB

Passed Driver's Ed
360- much more online friendly, smooth interface all around

1000x more badass than the ps3

iBalushi

Ready to race!
I played PS1, PS2, and now PS3.
I feel the xBox is better, but my REAL games are on the PC - though expensive.

PC is the king.
Unless the game isn't worth it then I play it "free" on PS3. Unlike Xbox online play :/

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
yea its looking like ill be joining the xbox community. Tired of shit talking coworkers and their "well your on ps3" excuses. Ive also found that stupid things like adding my own soundtrack to a game are much easier with the xbox.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I think it depends how much gaming you do... I watch a lot of movies...I love the blu ray player... that makes me bias to PS3

itchy

hands down, xbox. I have all three major consoles and xbox is the one that gets played the most.

thekaptn

Ready to race!
I am not a fan of online play, too many 12 year olds on xbox live screaming how they were going to rape my mother and pwn me made me completely drop playing any Multiplayer online. With that said I have a 360 and PS3, but I haven't even turned the 360 on in 10 months or so. I love the PS3; bluray, Netflix, awesome games, and I don't have to pay $60 a year if I want to play some online co-op with a friend.

Vermilion

Ready to race!
I own both and like both but, when I goto Gamestop to buy the latest and greatest I always ask for the Xbox version unless it is only a PS3 title. I pretty much only play the PS3 when such games like Uncharted and InFAMOUS come out. I've got a lot more friends on xbox live as well over PSN.

DaWoLF

Ready to race!
xbox is unreliable to me. I still have my PS3 since it first came out no problems still kicking and screaming with continuous play. (COD)
Xbox i have onwned 3 and one was the Elite and all were bullshit and broke with continuous play (COD). So for reliability issues i got PS3 all the way!!

Randum

Go Kart Champion
I'm a huge gamer and if I had to choose right now - I would have to go with the Xbox, a new slim version - your game selection is pretty huge, and not to mention the online connectivity is nice. The price is dead on, and Xbox live really is a superior network - download speeds, selection and uptime (recent issue with PSN was a headache for over a month)

I own both, and I'll be the first to admit, when I first had them, my xbox got a lot more play because I play online a ton - but as the PSN got more comparable to Xbox, I play both almost the same amount. Both have good exclusives. With multi-platform games, it comes down to which version is "better" or which one of my friend's own which version.

But if you are using blu-ray at least enough to think about it - go ps3.

You can get comparable games on both platforms, in regards to reliability, the new models are significantly better for both systems - but you'll hear everyone say "well I have XXX number of xboxes/ps3s fail etc etc".

And ignore fanboy talk - everything is fairly even now, each has a good list of pros and cons. And also for online kids talking - its now on both consoles, not just xbox live. You'll get more chatter on xbox because it comes with a headset, and on both systems, MOST games offer the ability to mute out other players.

(If you want some serious console talk, I am part of the podcast network here, retroids.com if you want to post in a thread there, it will erupt into a week long debate on which console is better)

Sorry to hear about your loss...