GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PSA: TPC20 - not recommended

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Dude when my eqt blew, ed was 100% solution based by wanting to either send another one or refund me without any questions asked. Not once was he like "don't tell anyone". All he cared about was making the customer happy and finding a solution which I appreciated more than anything

Same boat here, had an early revision with issues which could have stemmed from the garage who did the work. Ed and team were very professional and concerned in getting me taken care of. I ended up getting an XL to replace my blown standard and have had 30k trouble free miles since. EQT and Ed are a stand up operation who are more concerned about you being satisfied than wanting more of your money.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
I think the biggest issue that some people cough cough :rolleyes: haven't grasped is that asking your customers to hide issues, and not to come out proactively to be transparent, is a problem. period.

Call it "active development", "pay to play", or that all "products are bound to have bad batches"; the companies that are transparent that there may be issues going on, proactively recall product with issues, and make an effort to control the narrative (whether you agree with it or not) instead of having ex-customers do so are often the ones that are successful and have good customer trust long term.

Arguing emotionally or airing dirty laundry is just not good customer service, be it from the company directly or people that are/are not involved with them.

While I don't care for EQ and will probably never buy an EQ product/tune in my life, but I can at least understand why people come out of the woodworks to speak well for them (as this thread seems to have devolved to).

Last edited:

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Dude when my eqt blew, ed was 100% solution based by wanting to either send another one or refund me without any questions asked. Not once was he like "don't tell anyone". All he cared about was making the customer happy and finding a solution which I appreciated more than anything

I purchased a custom tune from EQT last year during their boost weather sale and I've had nothing but good experiences with the whole EQT team! Ed even tuned my car for free at one point because they had gotten so busy that I was only seeing one revision a month! Talk about going above and beyond! EQT customer for life!

joejoewilson4

Car(s)
2020 VW GLI DSG
Did you ever get a dyno? I’m in the process of purchasing there kit but I’m worried there tunes are all to conservative. Did EQT give you any idea on whp/tq with e85 an there tune?

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
no offense meant, but I will still never understand how someone could look at the dyno info (in particular the slow ass spool) TPC provides on their turbos and go "ya, I think that looks like a great turbo for me". shrug emoji

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
no offense meant, but I will still never understand how someone could look at the dyno info (in particular the slow ass spool) TPC provides on their turbos and go "ya, I think that looks like a great turbo for me". shrug emoji

They have dealers pushing the turbos. They do deceptive marketing. I think some of their dealers participate in deceptive practices. They have sponsored influencers. At best they are about the same as the competition (but for more money), at worst... well look at this thread and my thread, and others here.