GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Questions about DQ381, 2.0 TSI, Golf 8

mk8_rr

Dear friends, good day! I have a few questions about DQ381 on my VW.

I bought a new Golf 8 a month ago. My car have 2.0 TSI engine (engine name DNNA) and DQ381 gear box. My car is front wheel drive. I can't find a lot of info about DNNA engine.
My question is that sometime DSG (doesn't matter uphill, downhill, or straight road) puts neutral, when I let off the throttle, and show me small "eco" logo on the dashboard, i understand that it "coasting mode". But sometimes (most of the time) it starts downshifting, and sometimes I feel a small kick when in goes from 4th to 3rd gear.
For example I rich 60 km/h, let of the throttle, and it starts engine braking, and downshifting, and if in this moment touch the gas, the rpms can jump a little bit up, and gear will switch on.
Is it OK?
I was in service, last week, when I reached 2k km, (after break in period I changed the oil and oil filter) they said that I have last DSG firmware, and everything OK! They told me that this DSG behavior because of Eco rules and laws. Is it true?
And is it possible to switch off the coasting mode ?
Thanks in advance, my friends!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Dear friends, good day! I have a few questions about DQ381 on my VW.

I bought a new Golf 8 a month ago. My car have 2.0 TSI engine (engine name DNNA) and DQ381 gear box. My car is front wheel drive. I can't find a lot of info about DNNA engine.
My question is that sometime DSG (doesn't matter uphill, downhill, or straight road) puts neutral, when I let off the throttle, and show me small "eco" logo on the dashboard, i understand that it "coasting mode". But sometimes (most of the time) it starts downshifting, and sometimes I feel a small kick when in goes from 4th to 3rd gear.
For example I rich 60 km/h, let of the throttle, and it starts engine braking, and downshifting, and if in this moment touch the gas, the rpms can jump a little bit up, and gear will switch on.
Is it OK?
I was in service, last week, when I reached 2k km, (after break in period I changed the oil and oil filter) they said that I have last DSG firmware, and everything OK! They told me that this DSG behavior because of Eco rules and laws. Is it true?
And is it possible to switch off the coasting mode ?
Thanks in advance, my friends!
I don’t know if coasting can be permensntly switched off or not, but when it is coasting, you can pull the down shift paddle once and it will temporarily come out of coasting mode and go back into the gear you were in beforehand.

mk8_rr

I don’t know if coasting can be permensntly switched off or not, but when it is coasting, you can pull the down shift paddle once and it will temporarily come out of coasting mode and go back into the gear you were in beforehand.

Thank you for reply! I know about paddle shifters, but it's so hard to pull them every time))