GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quick question for all you T.V. Guru's out there

09vdubgti

Banned
LED's will give you a better/true(r) darker colors. Unlike LCD which lets say the black is more of a dark grey on an LED they'll actually be black. So you get more contrast ratio from an LED.

Personally not sure what the price difference is between the lcd and the led of the tv youre looking at but if its more than like idk $300+ I would just get the regular LCD. Because thats pretty much all the advantages LED has over LCD which is the better darker colors, oh and its thinner and more eco friendly too but thats on you if you really need it super thin.....

AdvanSuper

Banned

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
Spend less, get a 42" Panasonic plasma. I used to be hard kore LCD and last month dropped the bones to get a 42" plasma. Really wish there were 26" versions of plasma TVs.

dubbin

All in, All out..
Stay far away from Vizio, it's backlight will go out in under 2 years.

ooh? i have a 42" vizio Plasma, have had it for well over two years, its champ. The only prob i have with the vizio LED is that it aint the "thin hotness" as i like to refer to it as. Plus i havent seen a Vizio with a 240 refresh rate...well atleast not in person.

ooh? i have a 42" vizio Plasma, have had it for well over two years, its champ. The only prob i have with the vizio LED is that it aint the "thin hotness" as i like to refer to it as. Plus i havent seen a Vizio with a 240 refresh rate...well atleast not in person.

Plasma's don't have backlights. Hence why yours hasn't gone out.

3szoom

Ready to race!
My understanding (which is limited) with LEDs is that the lighting is only are the edging of the TV and not actual LED backlight- so it's mostly a gimmick for now. It just not affordable for LEDs become to be used as a backlight. I'd say stick with a plasma for now.

vw761

Ready to race!
Just get the biggest screen u can afford. I had my 58 in the bedroom for one year and now its looks small. I should have gotten the 65 Plasma. Just go to AVS forum and search for a good setting. Those 3 TVs are so good its like flipping a coin.