GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 chip/intake and mpg

Blitzen

Professional .....
Would the people who got chipped please let us know if their mpg has changed (for better or worse).
It could be better (higher efficiency) or worse (heavier foot or richer mixture).

Same question goes for people with intakes.

So what's the deal?

bcze1

You people make me laugh
I installed my EVOMs intake at about 150 miles, and got REVO'd at about 400 miles. So I don't have any real "baseline" to compare to. But I don't think either has really had much of an influence on mileage, good or bad. I get 14-17mpg in the city. But my normal commute is just over 2 stoplight filled miles, so I'm shutting the car off just as its fully warmed up. I did just over 200 highway miles last weekend, and averaged about 24mpg. And I still have under 1k miles, so things are barely starting to loosen up.

jdub_atl

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed my EVOMs intake at about 150 miles, and got REVO'd at about 400 miles. So I don't have any real "baseline" to compare to. But I don't think either has really had much of an influence on mileage, good or bad. I get 14-17mpg in the city. But my normal commute is just over 2 stoplight filled miles, so I'm shutting the car off just as its fully warmed up. I did just over 200 highway miles last weekend, and averaged about 24mpg. And I still have under 1k miles, so things are barely starting to loosen up.

Revo and Evoms - 1400 miles...

Haven't noticed a change, though the throttle and sound in mid rpm's sound hard!

I think with some more mileage, the better air flow should give an increase, though small at best.

CAI + Flapper Mod + Revo = :fighting0030:

Done modding for now until someone puts out an affordable small turbo for a slight increase in HP/TQ and some fuel efficiency love to boot...

JW

I did my chip and intake at around 2000 miles. I'm at 2200 miles, now.

I don't think either mod has changed my MPG for better or worse. If anything, I probably get worse mileage now because I can't keep my foot off the gas ;)

- Jeremy -

Blitzen

Professional .....
Gruesse nach Deutschland (dem Land in den das Benzin teuer ist)

Jeremy I see that you are driving a GTI, my question was about the R32. Aa the GTI has way more parameters to play with the result can be totally different compared to the R32.

Hehe, yes, gas is expensive here. Probably $9-10 per gallon for 98 RON.

I forgot to update my profile. I traded in my GTI for an R32 about 6 weeks ago. Definitely worth the trade!

- Jeremy -