GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Real Sensistive Lady

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I would have let him eat in my office for his comfort (people staring at him), and the comfort of my customers.

http://www.wbtv.com/2018/10/12/walt...vor-who-says-he-was-asked-cover-facial-scars/

If the man wanted to sit in public and eat, that's his prerogative and choice. He doesn't need the store owner to offer him an alternative location to eat "for his comfort". That's patronizing. And for the comfort of the customers? Who is to say what should be and what should not be comfortable to your customers? What about an amputee? What about a transgender person? What about a 450 lb obese person? What about a person full of piercings and tattoos? Who are WE to judge what customers should be comfortable with? I say let him sit wherever he wants and if you loose a customer because that customer was uncomfortable with looking at him, you lose a customer. Probably wasn't a customer worth having.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Don't happen to much over here as health care etc is free, so he would have had the surgeries to improve the aesthetics....also from a infection (to him) point of view that's not too good.

the actions of the store owner is dire,,,selfish stupid arse...

I used to run my own store...

Anway...This is a true story & one of that is told in UK....especially by Bristol cars......in the early 80's I think there was a multi millionaire who used to dress up like an old tramp & wonder into new car showrooms to test to see if they were worth his money....most threw him straight out....but not Bristol cars (showroom is in Mayfair London).

The salesman treated him like any other human..at worst he thought the bloke was a dreamer...no harm in helping him live his dream for 30mins or so....so the tramp was asking if they could paint the car any colour & the salesmen said yes they could, so the tramp pulls out a blue frying pan & gave it to the man & said I want it that colour, can you do it..yes he said...anyway the tramp left & left his frying pan there...next day a smart office woman comes in & asks if they had a tramp in yesterday & would like to speak to the salesman who dealt with him...so the salesman came out with the frying pan & the woman said you can paint the car as discussed with the tramp yesterday in that colour?...yes we can he replied....good & handed him a briefcase with the purchase price of the car in cash...

Never judge a book by its cover...& always treat people how you yourself would like to be treated in that situation....I know I've dealt with all sorts, rich Lords, famous actresses, Earls, right down to ex forces living rough in woods on army pension (PTSD etc)..& even the local druggies & smack heads..& they all get the same attention, consideration & effort on my part...

& believe you me it shows...many ended up repeat customers who would trust you & ask you about many other life things..reason??...because I was one of the few who treated them like a real person..

even as I write it it makes me cry thinking about them & their stories etc (I closed the business down 5yrs ago)..

Last edited:

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
If the man wanted to sit in public and eat, that's his prerogative and choice. He doesn't need the store owner to offer him an alternative location to eat "for his comfort". That's patronizing. And for the comfort of the customers? Who is to say what should be and what should not be comfortable to your customers? What about an amputee? What about a transgender person? What about a 450 lb obese person? What about a person full of piercings and tattoos? Who are WE to judge what customers should be comfortable with? I say let him sit wherever he wants and if you loose a customer because that customer was uncomfortable with looking at him, you lose a customer. Probably wasn't a customer worth having.

I assume you have a facial disfigurement or one of the issues you listed? Otherwise...why are you talking for another group/individual? Literally doing the exact same thing you are trying to "shame" The Fed for...

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
I don't see Southpaw shaming anyone...if he (cancer guy) had asked to eat in the office sure let him but other customers having issues sorry they are nothing to what that person is dealing with.

General, did you maybe mis-read Southies post?

Last edited:

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion

+1

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
okay I'll take a stab.

did any of those Facebook people actually witness what happened? I wonder how many reached out to the owner for confirmation or their side of the story.

the article doesn't read well but none of us were there.

it sure sounds shameful, but public shaming is pretty popular these days.

hat tip to our clickbait king the Fed.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
I kinda see both sides of this. Her store, her rules.

On the flip side, I was taught it's not polite to stare at people, and I'm teaching my kids the same thing--MYOB.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I assume you have a facial disfigurement or one of the issues you listed? Otherwise...why are you talking for another group/individual? Literally doing the exact same thing you are trying to "shame" The Fed for...

Wow, triggered are we? I wasn't shaming anyone, but merely inserting my opinion in a thread that had nothing to do about cars and everything to do with opinions on the human condition. My opinion differs from Fed's but who cares? And no, I have no facial or other disfigurement.

But if I try to put myself in that man's shoes, I would NOT want people patronizing me and assuming I was uncomfortable and offering me to hide myself. After all, I'm the one putting myself in a situation where people are looking at me. If it were my choice to do so in the first place, why would I be uncomfortable with it?