GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Hatch Power

Ellizit

crap. I think this just happened to me last night. No power to the hatch.

Anyone have any news from dealers about this lately?

ZPrime

Big Geek
Car(s)
2018 BMW M2
Sorry to raise a thread from several months ago, but my 2008 R32 is in for this now.

Harness price (driver side only, passenger was apparently OK for me) was only ~$160 according to my dealer. Labor from them is $550. :mad:

Kind of had to let them do it because they already had the spoiler off (we originally thought the CHMSL was bad/failed, turned out to be broken wire in the harness, hopefully they still warranty the CHMSL instead of trying to charge me for that too).

Duster117

Ready to race!
oh that sux.
i hope sense i`m in a warmer area i will not have to worry about this problem

ZPrime

Big Geek
Car(s)
2018 BMW M2
And now the dealer tells me they ordered the wrong harness?

They said that the one they ordered is appropriate per VW's build system, but it is apparently one connector short vs. my stock harness. :cry:

They seem to think that they will need to get a custom harness made in Germany which will take around a month... :mad0259:

ja-gti

Rollin'
I'm in the broken harness club too.

Same symptoms - "reverse light out" warning on MFD, both reverse lights not working, hatch won't open, no rear wiper, and no cargo light.

Broken wire on driver's side (would have taken a picture but camera app kept crashing!). Used a male/female connector to put the broken ends back together and electrical tape around the cracked insulation on seven other wires.

Good to go now. We will so how long my thirty cent repair lasts...

rolo402

08 Bunny 24/7
Car(s)
Rabbit
No way again !

uploadfromtaptalk1401071072478.jpg

GTI lover all over again

Over fifty and lov'n it!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
The wire you used was not meant to be flexed. That is what I found out when I tried the same fix with my old chevy.

As a result I opted for the harness from VW, the new harness was better wire than the original harness.