GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recall on Passats

bilbos

On the Kop
VW recalls 300,000 Passat cars

BERLIN (AFP) - Europe's biggest automaker Volkswagen (Xetra: 766400 - news) ordered the recall of 300,000 of its Passat (Paris: FR0000038465 - news) models worldwide owing to problems with the windshield wipers, fuel system and brakes.

The models affected were produced since 2005. In some, the electrical feed to the windshield wipers broke down when exposed to moisture during heavy rain, the German company said in a statement.

In addition, diesel-powered vehicles must be inspected for a possible fuel leakage.

And in models with 200 horsepower engines, some brakes suffered from defects that compromised their function, though the overall system was not subjet to failure.

Owners were to be directly contacted by the company about the recall. A company spokesman declined to estimate how much it could cost VW.

The bit about the brakes is interesting. I know some forum members were questioning the efficiency of the brakes on the GTI, me included.
The Passat and the GTI must share quite a few components, so maybe.....

NYCGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Brakes are my least favorite part of the GTI I'm totally crazy about. Don't know if its related in any way though.